Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

exhaust leak??? or bad gaskets???

Old 05-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation exhaust leak??? or bad gaskets???

ok so now my car has weird funky noise that sounds like crumbled up paper comming from around turbo...../dp/ exhaust mani area and makes my exhaust sound like shit..... when i get into boost above 5 psi it makes a loud type of screech like a belt rubbing squeel noise. im not sure if its the dp or blown turbo gasket..... to make sure its not dp gasket im gonna just go ahead and throw on my new dp my friend gave me... and also i used to run at 10.5 psi... now it likes to go up to 10 and drop to 7 or 6 psi... idk wtf is up havent really had time for my friend chirs to check it out... he knows what hes doing but hes been busy in clearwater... so im gonna try and diagnos it myself but figured id post this up...
Old 05-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Tofu takeout

if the noise is a clacking noise then your turbo gasket is blown. If that the problem then its going to be a pain to replace it.

Save 5 dollars when you preorder with promo code: TAKASC300
Old 05-10-2006, 03:45 AM
Driven Concepts, Tampa FL

Could be the turbo/manifold gasket like you said, but can also be the turbo elbow/downpipe gasket also. Try to go under the car, you should be able to hear it pretty clearly if you can get close to it. If it's the turbo/manifold gasket (a common problem for SRs), just means the bolts are backing out, you should be able to see a gap between the two. If it's the turbo/manifold gasket, you are looking at around a 4 hour job for someone that knows what they are doing.

Originally Posted by lilaznvietboi
if the noise is a clacking noise then your turbo gasket is blown. If that the problem then its going to be a pain to replace it.
813-236-4500
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm

WE ARE DIRECT
Tein, GReddy, Buddy Club, Bride, Tanabe, K-Sport, Power Enterprise, etc......
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...ml#post4905630
Old 05-10-2006, 04:22 AM

the squeel you are hearing is probably a leak in your ic piping because you said it goes to 10 then drops to 6-7. get a pressure tester and check for leaks.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Sphincter Say's What?

Its a bad inlett turbo gasket. Been there, done that! Enjuku sells them for $27 shipped next day. Take your mani with turbo studs down to CFP and have them weld the studs to the manifold so they wont back out anymore and blow the gasket.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by JimmyHat
Its a bad inlett turbo gasket. Been there, done that! Enjuku sells them for $27 shipped next day. Take your mani with turbo studs down to CFP and have them weld the studs to the manifold so they wont back out anymore and blow the gasket.
ding ding ding. Correct answer! By the way, you're losing boost pressure because so much exhaust is leaking before the turbo that there's not enough left to spin the turbo to make your 10.5psi. Leaks here are very common. You're going to have to remove the turbo and manifold together to fix it. Just to make sure you know, the gasket you need is the rectangle one with 4 bolt holes in it.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

Dont do this without someone who knows what their doing present Jake.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:08 AM
drifting in a lot near u

+1

Your pasco jdm/aftermarket speacilist
Old 05-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

And pay your fucking cell bill.....

Let us know, Im more then sure Blake and us would be willing to help you out.
(him being the only other of our group boostin, currently)
Old 05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ph0tek
And pay your fucking cell bill.....

Let us know, Im more then sure Blake and us would be willing to help you out.
(him being the only other of our group boostin, currently)
what my phone bill is only $454.94 im worse than a women... so i dont see it getting activated anytime soon... but yeah ive only got 45 bucks on me im quitting my job today lol 9 hours they only worked me and i get paid 45 bucks fuck that im going to sams club they start u off at 7.90 an hour rather than 6.50....