Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

AC Thermostat?

Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Thermostat?

My AC is acting up so I took it to a ac diagnostic place and the told me I need to replace my ac thermostat I don’t know where it is and the guy wants to tax 200 pesos +part to fix this problem has any one ever heard of this AC Thermostat? And if so where is it?
Old 05-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Retired

Never had a problem with the "AC Thermostat". The actual part is a little 3-wire sensor hanging off the side of the AC unit. If you pull out your glove box, it's right there staring at you. I have had problems with the triple pressure switch on the dryer, though. What are your AC's symptoms?
Old 05-09-2006, 05:32 AM

The AC light comes the car goes on fast idle and blows cold air but after a while it blows hot air.

I was doing research yesterday and found that this ac thermostat is behind the glove box to the left of the blower.

I also found that Nissan no longer makes the 240sx AC thermostat part I guess they discontinued it.

ive been told that what most ac shops do is retrofit one from a 95 Altima.

Im still not sure on how to replace this stupid turd part. I mean the wiring is cake but the rest is yet to be known.

Last edited by neone; 05-10-2006 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Retired

Wow. Definitely sounds like the thermostat. Just never heard of them going bad. Hit up a Copher's. $2 to get in and stick it in your pocket. That's way cheaper than what your mechanic wants.