Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Anyone familiar with Engine lab???

Old 03-31-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthmodeS14
Awesome.....exactly the type of responses I was hoping for. I guess I'll be hgaving them do all my block work and possibly having XAT assemble the motor then. *sigh...as soon as I'm done collecting all my forged goodness that is...lmao.

Thanks everyone for the replies...you guys rock.

-Bill
EngineLab will assemble your engine for you if you want them too. Just throwing that out there in cas eyou didn't know.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:27 AM
No Ants Drift Member

i didnt even take the time to read anyones responses to this thread bc i know, for a fact,t that Engine Lab is #1!! i have been using them for the last 11yrs to do all motor/machine work for me!! They are GOOD people!! they always carry the latest and greatest machinery and the workers are top notch!!! i cannot stress how awesome they are!! i dont/wont trrust any other shop!! give dave a call and tell him Taylor referred you
Old 03-31-2006, 12:41 PM
kings cannot fall.

ive heard matt mention that tony is the dude to have do your stuff there, matt would probably chime in, but hes in cali, and banned from tr. haha
Old 04-01-2006, 03:15 AM
kings cannot fall.

yeah, i believe thats the one.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:25 PM

Default Engine Lab of Tampa

OMG, My story is a horror story that cost me over $7,000. In a nut shell I brought in my '84 Cadi Eldo Bar to install a rebuilt engine (I do recommend Jasper) where I bought the engine. They had my car 2 1/2 months and also their response were "I really like your car" and the car would not run but would stall at any moment in idel or highway speed of 55MPH. Their responses to me was fault to electical systems. My gut feeling was they wanted to keep it. Enough was enough and had the car towed to another shop Tito's who got the car running. I have a dispute for the following: Transmission pan gaskets I was charge $400 labor to replace, I brought the car back since the pan was still leaking and they did not repair. Second were parts that were defective that were replace by the other shop. I tried to return the defective parts but they refused such.
What I did not dispute were charges we had no discussion they cleaned the overflow tank for the radiator (the white milk jug plastic tank) at a tune of $178, replaced my entire power steering, cleaned brake lines and to note when I got the car they left the parking brake on and drove it over 100 miles and now I need to have brake work. Their practice is they do the work with no info to me and had off an invoice I had to sign and pay for to avoid them keeping the car.
They really seem like very nice people but any quote you receive from them your invoice will be x3 at least without informing you if you want your car back. Next some reviews I have read are from their manager "Whit" submitting posts in good reviews regaring Mustang

Originally Posted by StealthmodeS14
I was wondering what the word (if anyone even knew) was on the folks at Engine lab?? I remember Jesse (Maxtype240) on here had plans for them to build his KA, but since he has left, I hadn't heard anything about his project.

I'm in the process of collecting all the forged goodies and other stuff I'll need for my built Ka and am looking for a reputable place (as in...possibly have built a Ka before) to build it up for me....

Any insight to some reviews and such with regards to them would be great....anyone??

-Bill
Old 08-01-2009, 12:03 AM
i has double turbo

nice grave diggin

my honda sounds like a lawnmower, because it is one.