Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

s13 roll cage

Old 02-02-2006, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s13 roll cage

my oval track racing friend that builds open wheel cars is gonna help me make a cage for my drift car. are there any suggestions or specific way to setup a cage for a drift car?

Old 02-03-2006, 10:50 AM
yea sweet lemonade

um, yeah, this should be interesting. i bet it ends up all in the way. most of those guys don't know how to put in a cage when the car still has the roof on it.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:31 AM

hmm thanks for the warning. but i made a mistake. i dont know shit about oval racing but apparently he doesnt do open wheel. infact he yeld at me for saying that. he has a camaro or something. anyway do you think i should get his help or any recommendations locally?

Last edited by fishyskawa; 02-03-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
its CRACK bitch!

RaceRelated - 727-561-9440
Old 02-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Shoe Whore

Originally Posted by hachibill
um, yeah, this should be interesting. i bet it ends up all in the way. most of those guys don't know how to put in a cage when the car still has the roof on it.

Prime example was Matts old car. Just buy a damn bolt in/weld in and save the money.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Sideways Maffia

Are you going to drift professionally? are you going to drive in a legitamate league or something? First you gotta figure out why you want it, and if you just want it to look cool, let your friend fuck up your interior and save money. If you have a real purpose for this cage (which im kinda thinking you don't), a cusco 6-pt is a dope ass cage, but its usually about $720-750, before shipping...which depending on where its comming from could be a hell of a lot. But good luck on that buddy...good luck on finding the right 40mm ID and OD Chrome molybdenum piping if you want your cage to be lightweight and functional (that is if your oval track friend builds it).
Old 02-04-2006, 04:05 PM

im building a drift car. i want to drift, maybe not professionally, but at least competively. i cant stand the elitists around here. the next time i ask for an opinion go ahead and post it. but for now i dont think its really necessary to keep putting little bits of your opinion on how why you think i want this.

Originally Posted by RubberBerner
Are you going to drift professionally? are you going to drive in a legitamate league or something? First you gotta figure out why you want it, and if you just want it to look cool, let your friend fuck up your interior and save money. If you have a real purpose for this cage (which im kinda thinking you don't), a cusco 6-pt is a dope ass cage, but its usually about $720-750, before shipping...which depending on where its comming from could be a hell of a lot. But good luck on that buddy...good luck on finding the right 40mm ID and OD Chrome molybdenum piping if you want your cage to be lightweight and functional (that is if your oval track friend builds it).

Old 02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Sideways Maffia

Well if you're not going to compete professionally, just have your friend stiffen up the chassis a little bit...if it doesn't have to meet any rules or regs then who cares? just look at an example of different points...you could do anything from a simple roll bar to a full out 12pt roll cage...its all in your preference and wallet. Didn't mean to offend you, but if it did...shit happens. Also another good thing about not having to meet rules and regs means you can just use mild steel, or aluminum...depends how good your friend is at welding. Do a google search on S13 roll cages, and you can eyeball a few diagrams of different point styles...and pick whats good for you.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:48 AM

thanks man, for being cool about it. sorry for being sort of snappy but i was having a real shitty day. i found out my grandpa only has a few more days so i was real defensive. again thanks for the direction. hope i didnt make the thread go emo now hah.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:29 AM
its CRACK bitch!

Originally Posted by satanshatch
Prime example was Matts old car. Just buy a damn bolt in/weld in and save the money.

mats old car LOL....... just to think i almost bought that car....

i test drove it and let me tell you the cage was built for someome 5'6" not 6'2" like me....