Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

sil-truck???

Old 01-20-2006, 10:31 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sil-truck???

ok, i have some decent welding experience and minor fabricating experience. im going to need some help with this. im planning on doing a s13 truck. using a s13 hatch shell. this will be a slow project, obviously. im trying to get some decent pointers/help from some of the well known body workers around here. hopefully taylor. because hes done one him self. im lookin for any pics of progress with the sil-truck.

i am pretty dead set on doing this, so dont flame. please dont post saying things that a gather from common sense, i.e "thats gonna cost alot of money/time" i know it will. any help will be very appreciated.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:44 AM
No

are you talking about a cut-back 240?

looks like an el camino right?

heres a link:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=92052
Old 01-20-2006, 10:54 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

there wasnt to much hard tech talk going on there. i need to know of donar cars. for the back of the bed, is that a firewall welded in there with some obscure trucks rear window. or is it a nissan trucks whole rear piece cut out the back of the truck and welded in?
Old 01-20-2006, 11:46 AM

Are you talking about the sil truck that had the maxima front end? If so, Taylor didn't do that, Matt MacIntager did. For the rear window, he used the frame and window from a Toyota pickup. He molded the wide body and most of the bed himself.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:16 PM
No

Originally Posted by stealthtrueno
there wasnt to much hard tech talk going on there. i need to know of donar cars. for the back of the bed, is that a firewall welded in there with some obscure trucks rear window. or is it a nissan trucks whole rear piece cut out the back of the truck and welded in?
i could have sworn there was a few links in that thread about it.....but it was just a reference i guess
Old 01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

no not the silmaxitruck. taylors orange one with the mesh rims.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:14 AM
bored...

sil-camino... i think i rember reading a post on tr about some one that did one local. try searching it.

Last edited by coryishot19; 01-21-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:53 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

to start i hear hatches are easier since its basicly cut down already when the hatch is off your going to want some sheet metal a roll cage and a rear truck window cut out
Old 01-22-2006, 10:54 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Originally Posted by Philly Blunt
to start i hear hatches are easier since its basicly cut down already when the hatch is off your going to want some sheet metal a roll cage and a rear truck window cut out
thats why i said ill be using an s13 hatch shell for this.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Sideways Maffia

dude...if you aren't experienced at metal fabrication, you might as well just stop thinking about this right now. But if you wanna ghetto rig a nice S chassis and make it to where nobody will ever buy it again, go ahead. Remove the hatch, take out rear side windows, cut off the C-pillars. Remove all interior behind front seats. Tac up the rear window (from any mini-truck will work...one piece looks best...never seen a sliding window used). And if you don't know where to go from there...just stop thinking about this. You're gonna need a metal brake, bead roller, good welding experience, and good torch (oxy-acetyline) skills, and don't forget to weld in support bars for everything (incorporate a roll cage while you're at it), you'll also need a Mandrel bender.