Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Brake Lights problem *PIC*

Old 12-04-2005, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Lights problem *PIC*

Problem: Brake lights won't turn on

I have checked 2 things, fuse + bulbs. Both are still good, so I am thinking it is the switch underneath. Does anything look wrong from the pic? Which one is the brake switch and what is the other one?

Is there anything else that could be causing my brake lights to fail? I could only think of these three things unless theres something wrong with wiring(i hope not).

Hope this helps:
Old 12-04-2005, 04:49 PM
240LSX

if it were the switch they would be stuck on normally. Is the switch popping out when you push in the brake with your hand? The brake switch is the one that has the plastic piece that hits the brake light trigger. Tough as hell to get under there and check goodluck.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:11 PM

i was under there checking (killed my neck) and when i press the pedal it just stays the same way as when it is not pressed. So the switch on the right is deffinately the brake lights? cause the one on the left has a little white probe also...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
240LSX

that is your problem the trigger switch isnt popping out when you press the brake then. I dont remember there being 2 switches but I also have abs or might not have paid attention to the other. Mine got stuck on. Try silcone on the switch and pop it out with a flathead.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Sideways Maffia

is was your car ever an automatic?? i think the second switch is the brake safety (to change from park to another gear). unplug one, and see what is inoperable, the angle of the picture is a little difficult to see which is which.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:39 PM

can you see the pic i posted? there are two switch/probe things connected to the brake pedal. if it is stuck in, and it doesnt come out after i put some lube it, then will i need a new one? i dont really want to take it to the nissan dealer because they charge outrageous $$$.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by RubberBerner
is was your car ever an automatic?? i think the second switch is the brake safety (to change from park to another gear). unplug one, and see what is inoperable, the angle of the picture is a little difficult to see which is which.
im actually not sure if it was an automatic in the past, i bought it with the swap already done. so maybe one of the switches is useless. i kno the switch on the left is extremely hard to get to. the one on the right i can access much easier.

**the pic is if you would go right under the dash and look forward + straight up. you can see the clutch pedal to the left.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:56 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

do you have cruise control? if so, it could be the cruise control brake switch.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:12 AM
240LSX

Originally Posted by G-reg
can you see the pic i posted? there are two switch/probe things connected to the brake pedal. if it is stuck in, and it doesnt come out after i put some lube it, then will i need a new one? i dont really want to take it to the nissan dealer because they charge outrageous $$$.
Pull the whole trigger switch assembly out and make it cooperate or just find a parts car and replace it.

Old 12-05-2005, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by dan
do you have cruise control? if so, it could be the cruise control brake switch.
yes i do have cruise control, but it isnt hooked up. I just need to know which one is brake switch