Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Head swap

Old 10-20-2005, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head swap

I know I am going to get flamed for this but

if I built up the bottom end of a SOHC can I swap a DOHC head on it and if so what additional parts are needed......

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:31 AM
240LSX

no and why would you build a sohc ka24e for?

Old 10-20-2005, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by DriftingDJ
no and why would you build a sohc ka24e for?
Money....rather lack of

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM

You can get a good complete KA24DE for dirtcheap nowadays (under 500 bucks in most cases). Less time , work, and money then what it would cost do a headswap with a KA24E. The KA24E is seriously not a good bed for performance, they should have kept these engines in trucks only.And the DE's will handle a good bit of boost on the stock bottom end (not sure of a exact figure) .
Old 10-20-2005, 10:00 AM

Ok what is the cheapest way to get a 10 sec car plus the other day on my way to Ft Laudy some guy in a celica passed me doing about 110 down 75...I know a big deal however when punched it the car went sideways.....I know this sounds stupid but I have this thing where at any point in time I have to better than everyone else....especially a celica.....

I used to run small block Chevy but that was when cars were carburated and had distributers