Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Opinions about engine importers...

Old 04-22-2005, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions about engine importers...

I'am going to be buying a S13 Redtop swap soon. And i was just wondering if you guys have had any good places you have dealt with. Right now i have 3 (as well as the local buissness that sell what i'am looking for) particular buissness that i have narrowed down to do buissness with.
1) Phase 2 Motortrend (these people seem really professional [lot's of prep work done before shipping out to the customer] and do leakdown tests on all their motorsets before they ship out and shipout the most complete motorsets ive seen they are just a tad pricier.) phase2website

2)Plan-b-Co (These guys seem to have very good prices with shipping included into the price, but i know little or nothing about them standing behind their sales/products or about any of the prep work they do to any of the engines (if any) before they are shipped out) Anybody deal with these guy's before?
plan-b-co

3) JDM Source Dyanmics (these guy's have a very good feedback score and have excellent warranty coverage on their motorsets , they seem a bit more pricey then what can usually be had locally.JDM Source Dyamics

Bottom line , I don't mind spending a couple hundred more bucks , but i do not want to be stuck with a motorset/clip that is going to be smoking, knocking , going to need a rebuild before it can be rendered useable. I want to find a company that will stand behind what they sell , and not just drop a load of parts infront of my garage and tell me i'am completely on my own. This is a pretty big investment, that i'am trying to secure. Any of you guys have any advice/suggestions on any company's you (your friends or people you know) have dealt with in the past.
Any serioues advice/suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2005, 07:35 AM

i have full sr swap, ecu tranny engine ignitor, 3' downpipe done wiring harness and so on for 2400$ you wont have to import it this way either.

Originally Posted by dr. octogon
"hey, jeeves, where can i get an fwd sr20det"
jeeves: anywhere asshole !
Old 04-22-2005, 08:06 PM
TR Registered Member #5

i can get SR swaps as well if need be....

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Old 04-23-2005, 03:47 AM

I would let Marksaccord95 (Central Florida Performance) do it if I decide to do my SR swap.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:15 AM
No Ants Drift Member

marksaccord is not part of central florida performance!!!!

yes we can get swaps at Durdan Perfab.....
Old 04-23-2005, 04:27 AM
weezin the juice

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:thumbsup:
Old 04-23-2005, 05:55 AM

Taylor Durden, You said you can do the swaps? How much for the engine and installation? I am also interested in doing the swap in my 240.

Animosity, $2400? You will do it for that much, including everything? If not, where did you get it done, that seems like a great price!

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2005, 07:21 AM
Chomsky with dick jokes!

I would also add the guys at HeavyThrotle have a great record, and are very very good with there customer service..

There are points in life where one looks at his or her situation and says "how the fook did i get here?" ... this is one of those instances....

Quick Reply: Opinions about engine importers...