Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

look what i noticed aboutm megan coilovers.

Old 03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
kings cannot fall.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default look what i noticed aboutm megan coilovers.

i was looking at coilovers on ebay, and came across this....
the first link is the megan racing, 875$ buy it now...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

the second link is the apex'i n1, 1220. buy it now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

notice the dampening adjustments are all identical, and pretty much the only noticeable difference is the lower mount color.
i know megan doesnt make thier own coilovers, but it appears neither does apex'i, and that whoever makes these, makes them for both companies.

makes me alot more apt to buy the megans, i just dont want to be the first.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:54 PM
weezin the juice

Come on damnit!!! Man up!!! Somebody's gotta do it, it won't be me, I'm going for broke on my coils Search around for reviews
Old 03-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Cpt. Negative

I wrote a review. I can copy-paste it from Zilvia.net over here - but I have the first set of Megan Racing coilovers on my S14.

The makers of Megan Racing coilovers are: http://www.bcec.com.tw/function/function_05.html
The VH' Design are what is listed with the paperwork included with the Megan coilovers - and you can tell by the pics they're the same.

They make coilovers for alot of companies.. and have been around for a while. There's a good thread on FreshAlloy about it - and has a link to some Aussie forum with bcec coilover reviews.
-Jeff
Old 03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
lifelong learner

i compared the two in person.

definitely very similar - if not identical shocks! Lower mounts are identical, upper mounts are identical - it all is !

Makes me glad we're sponsored by megan now

PS I've been running them on my drift car and have been VERY happy with the results.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Cpt. Negative

Now I have time to read the post.. same 44mm diameter piston, same spring rates, same 32-way dampening... too many similarities.
Megan Racing - before getting the coilovers - I'd always lumped them with SSA. Look at their SR manifold for why. But.. the coilovers rock.
-Jeff
Old 03-11-2005, 01:32 AM
Sarcasm....at its finest

^^That thread on Zilvia about them is pretty good... I might have to get me a set soon... they seem to be able to hold their own while being extremely affordable - for a fully adjustable coilover set.

Face it, you are, in fact, a piece of crap.

"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain." - Winston Churchill
Old 03-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Cpt. Negative

Originally Posted by evilimport
^^That thread on Zilvia about them is pretty good... I might have to get me a set soon... they seem to be able to hold their own while being extremely affordable - for a fully adjustable coilover set.
Correction: That thread on Zilvia is pretty good for the duration of my posts (2, maybe 3 pages).
Then it's people who have no experience with them moaning about how people shouldn't buy cheap things (when these clearly aren't cheap.. even Matt.. crazy drifter guy... is comparing them to Apex'i N1, almost 2x the price). And that guy from Underground trying to sell them.
-Jeff
Old 03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Sarcasm....at its finest

yeah, thats right... Matt was trying to clear the damned shelves of them things and was being a typical post whore... that part of the thread is bullshit.

Face it, you are, in fact, a piece of crap.

"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain." - Winston Churchill