Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Dented rim ..Will city pay?

Old 02-12-2005, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dented rim ..Will city pay?

okay , so i hit a pothole around Bearrs the other night needless to say , the wheel is toast, and i have to fork out another $200 for a new one since the old one is unrepairable. My question to all ofyou is: Has anyone had this shit happen to their rim? If so, did you try to make the city pay for it since we drive on some of these pothole infested roads; or did you just suck it up and fork out the dough for a new rim? thanks , Roger
Old 02-12-2005, 11:06 AM
doesnt even lift

um, I dont think the city is responsible

but I guess, perhaps, I could possibly, maybe, almost be wrong

Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever
Old 02-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Cpt. Negative

No. The city will say that it was an immobile object you hit, and you're at fault. Also, once something touches the ground and hits your car, it's also you're fault. If a truck kits a rock direct into your windshield, it's his fault. If the kicked up rock bounces off the ground, then hits your windshield, the moment it touched the ground, it's you're responsibility to avoid it. I'd assume the same thought process would happen with the pothole.
Sorry guy.
-Jeff
Old 02-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Retired

plenty of people get free wheels/alignments/tires from the city. Its one of the ways they identify where the problems spots are. I just have no clue on how to persue it. Saw it on the local news a year or so ago.

You should probably ask this question in General Car Chat
Old 02-12-2005, 03:54 PM
S130 love

Contact someone from the city of Tampa .. I am sure they will be more than willing to pay for it. They are responsible to keep roads up to task and dangerous free. Cracking a rim isn't just something minor but something that could cause someone to lose control and wreck.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Z32 Tech Bitch

Agreed, fight for it. You don't want that $200 to set back your other plans
Old 02-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Sideways Maffia

My brother had a one off set of O.Z. Rally wheels off one of thier rally cars, and hit a pothole in downtown st. pete. the city reembursed him $400 dollars for the one rim...eventhough it was irreplacable :-/ *that was supposed to cover a new rim and remounting of the same tire from the damaged rim*
Old 02-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Call me Daddy

my firend had got a whole new set of 20's on his altima when a pot hole trashed two of his wheels which were discontinued the guy above is right the city is responsible to take care of the streets since its what we pay taxes for we shoud be able to drive any where on the streets without worrying about our rims and stuff getting messed up. call the citys action office and talk to them about it they can point you in the right direction.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:05 AM

on 1-75 one night we hit a spot where the road crew had started grating and it had about a 3 inch rise, we hit it at 80 and blew out both front tires and bent both rims, we took pictures of about 20 hubcaps all around there on the shoulder and DMV told us to bad.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Old School.

Should it depend on the type of wheel/tire? I'm sure I could smack the F out of that pothole all day in my truck, but if I hit it on some cheap cast wheels with 45 series tires, I'm going to have a problem.