Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

KA to KA Stock SWAP HOW MUCH TO DO?

Old 02-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Sphincter Say's What?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KA to KA Stock SWAP HOW MUCH TO DO?

Hey guys, I bought a 240 with a blown engine and stored it until it was time to swap it so I can park my camaro. I am VERY new into the nissan 240 world so please forgive the ignorance if this is a dublicate post about this topic. OK I am looking for any ideas of how much it would cost to do a stock to stock KA swap IF I supply the engine. Everyting must work like it did. Ie AC, PS. The car is a 93 240 5 speed. I would like to use my old transmission but I am going to buy a new clutch while its out of the car. Any prices from previous experiences and who you went to would be good. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:10 AM
doesnt even lift

it all depends, Im guessing the motor you have to go in is a DE as well. if it is it shouldnt be a problem, and Im not sure what you would pay for a problem free swap as mine had tons of little things I needed to take care of, so all in all it depends on who you go to for the swap, which any shop can do if its the exact same swap. Shop around and get a price. I wouldnt pay more than $500

Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever
Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Sphincter Say's What?

yea thats right about where I was looking to spend more or less. Im loking to get it done this week. I am already getting the engin from XAT but there not really willing to cut a deal at all.