Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Received jwt ecu and car runs like sh**

Old 01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
shift.............vroooom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Received jwt ecu and car runs like sh**

Hi guys, its me again with my problems....:bbb:
Ill copy and paste the post i made on sr20forum.com
Or you can just click on this link to go to my post on sr20forum.com
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread....9&page=1&pp=20
Sorry for the long post ahead of time but i need help. BTW: the local shop i left it at is Zfever.
Yesterday (1/25/05):

Ok so i received my jwt ecu today with a 72lbs/z32maf program. The car starts but wont idle for shit. At first the car would turn off right away. So i checked all my vacuum lines and found a minor hole in the intake manifold. I decided to jb weld the hole and while it was drying i checked the tps sensor and it was reading .8xx so i set it to .501. I turn the car on and now it will drop like its gonna turn off but it comes back up and goes down and back up, etc..... Sometimes it stays at 2000 rpms (because i was so pissed, i set the idle that high so it wouldnt turn off) and sometimes it drops down but sounds like an rx7 idling. While driving it runs just fine. When im in gear and let off the gas it acts fine until the needle drops to about 2000 rpms.......then it starts acting gay and starts popping...sounds bad. What can it be? Im confused. I have to bring the idle down some. Tomorrow im going to try something with the tps sensor. Travis told me to unhook the tps sensor and set my idle, then plug it back in and set my voltage again. Then unplug the sensor and let it sit with the car running for about 30 seconds and plug the sensor back in again. Any opinions/suggestions would be nice.

Thanx alot guys,

Norlandt

Today (1/26/05):

Quote: (Originally Posted by SR20Turbofreak) <~~sr20forum.com
I had this problem with my 72 lb 3 bar setup. I found that it is running very very lean at idle. enough that it doesn't want to idle. I sent the ECU back to JWT, after 2 months they never even pulled it back out of the box. SO i told them to just send it back if they aren't going to do anything to it. I found that with the SAFC2 i added about 38% more fuel at idle and it runs great.

This sounds exactly like what is hapening to me. Yesterday, a local shop put a wideband on the mufler while the car was trying to idle and said it was lean (before i fixed any vacuum leaks..etc.). This morning i started the car and it would turn off (i guess because it cold). After warming up a bit i lowered the idle a bit to about 1k - 1500 rpms or so.... and the needle would go up and down (looked like someone was giving it gas cuz it would sometimes jump to 2k rpms). So i took it to another local shop this morning and when i got it there the idle would stay at 1k.... needle would move down and up but not really that much man. After asking me what kind of cams i have in the motor (hks 264) they said that it sounds liek a normal car with big cams. They said it idles fine...huh!? Is that normal? They said that when you rev it and the needle doesnt drop down past 500rpms or so and comes right back up to idle, the car is fine. So, now what do you guys think? lol. Maybe the computer adjusted itself? I mean, i messed with the idle screw again so the tps has to be cailbrated again. They told me that the tps has to be set to .04 at idle and 4.0 wot.....i thought it was .5 at idle. Any opinions/suggestions would be very appreciated. Im sorta lost. I guess my other option would be afc.

Today (1/26/05):
ok im pissed! i left the car at a local shop tonight. We pull the plugs and found that the 2 plugs in the cylinders on the passenger side were running all pretty lean and the other 2 were running rich. So we check around and found a vacuum leak where the intake manifold connects to the head. It is the last runner on the passenger side. Maybe its just a bad gasket? So im thinking, the 2 cylinders running lean are the two on the passenger side and it has a leak on that side. Can this be the cause of it? Tomorrow the intake manifold will be taken off and that will be fixed. Also, this thing is making no vacuum. I know that with big cams it wont make much vacuum but it was around 5 psi of vacumm.......We checked the compression and it was 150 all around........Ahhhhhh im pissed man! I dont know what else to do with this damn thing guys.......

Norlandt

http://inductionperformance.com/
Induction Performance - 727.505.1423
AEM EMS Tuning, Builds, Assembly, Custom Kits, Installs and more.....
Old 01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
madpom

jwt haven't any good news from him
send it back get money back use stock ecu and give scott a call
Old 01-26-2005, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by steve
jwt haven't any good news from him
send it back get money back use stock ecu and give scott a call

That was my first option. But scott couldnt figure it out. We almost had it, but it wasnt enough. He tried all of his programs. He was great though. Very cool guy....

Old 01-26-2005, 05:44 PM
lifelong learner

scott will get it. we just need to work with some time
Old 01-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Sideways Maffia

yea, i'd say first call JWT because you already spent that money, and if they cant do anything try to get your money back, then give scott a call. If scott has time, im sure he can figure some tough shit out, i've only heard good things about him.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:40 PM

so have i. Scott is a very smart person, but also very busy. Im just trying to get this thing running asap. I just had a little baby and i need the car so i can do what i have to do.......

Old 01-27-2005, 07:14 AM

Ok, Zfever removed the intake manifold this morning. They said the manifold looks pretty straight and the gasket looks good. They think it might be that the head is not even or that a pinhole is leaking somewhere...... . They said they'll take a closer look at it later. Man......what a nightmare......

Norlandt

Old 01-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Hi Hi Hi?

ouch.....these are just the headaches that go along with owning a high powered car though, just be persistent, things will work out in the end.

98 Camry w00t! (daily ride)
91' Eclipse GS-t (she's alive!!)
AOL IM: usfbull49

Originally Posted by Frankie
When a jelly fish comes out of my ass, I'll take pics.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:23 PM

thanx man.. i pray to god youre right......