Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Nex Coilovers?

Old 01-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Sideways Maffia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nex Coilovers?

never heard anything about them...seems like they're just for dropping a car and everyday driving...and are fairly cheap...anybody know the spring rates of any of thier coilovers? can't find too much on google about them.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:52 PM
doesnt even lift

everything Ive found on them have been mixed reviews
a lot of dsm guys hate them and love them
some guy with a honda accord said his ride quality was to harsh and swapped them for tokicos and ground controls

I dont know what kind of deal your finding on these but the lowest I could find (not looking on ebay) was $659, and for that much I would splurge a little more for some tein basics. I mean, Nex also makes racing seats and other etc.'s. Kinda like buying a coilover set up from toucan

just my .02

found this "all about nex suspension" info

NEX Suspension

Steel Upper Mount - Every Nex system comes equipped with steel upper mounts for ease of installation. The upper mounts also helps to equally distribute the weight and force to the shock tower. The high-density rubber pad helps to reduce road noise and keep the car properly aligned.

Inverted (Ram Type) Mono Tube Shock Absorber on SR setup- Whether being touring, rally or even Formula 1 racing, most engineers of these professional race teams prefer using a mono tube shock absorber as a foundation of their suspension system. This is because a mono tube shock absorber can cool off faster from the direct contact of outside air. This feature aids to prevent shock cavitation (boiling of the shock oil at high temperature). The Ram type strut design minimizes wear on the floating pistons by inverting (turn upside down) the entire shock, allowing the suspension load to be displaced on a larger surface area. The inverted shock designs has been known to be much stiffer and precise than the common twin tube design. Thus, Nex utilizes a Ram type inverted shock design in every application it produces.

High Molecule Force Coil Spring - The coil spring used in the NEX suspension is made from high molecule forced steel. After repeated testings on dynometers, this type of spring construction have proven to resist wear and tear better, and is able to sustain its efficiency and consistent spring rate. The handling and performance can match by the skill of each driver due the high spring rate used in the NEX suspension.

Inner Bump Stop - Although the inner bump stop can not be seen from the outside of the shock, NEX incorporates one with every application to prevent damages caused by rapid and lethal compression impacts from the road surface to the inner structure of the shock.

Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever
Old 01-05-2005, 07:59 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

if there coilovers are anything like there seats they get a thumbs up i have them and i love them
Old 01-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Hardcore Hitman

1100 and you can get your self a set of section rm's basically silkraods/various other brands. good shit super low car, whole rear shock tube is threaded, totally tuckin rim lol
Old 01-05-2005, 10:12 PM
MASTER BREWER:HOT TEA

wow most real coilovers are full threaded. Section's cannot be rebuilt in the US. And the reps say they dont have to! hahah. Thats a crock...I dont trust them any more than the D2's now. Go with something that can be rebuilt prefferably in the US you wont regret it...
Old 01-06-2005, 12:38 AM
techno

yah my rear cuscos, are full threaded with the mounting point on threadsand helper springs.

go lower then me with sections!!!
thats right fuck oFFFFFFFFFF