Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Polyurethane Bushings

Old 10-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Get off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polyurethane Bushings

i bought some new bushings, mainly because my tc rod bushings were shot and needed to be replaced badly. i decided to go ahead and get the swaybar bushings too because those werent looking to hot either.

anyone have any experience with the swaybar polyurethane bushings? do they make a noticeable difference?

and last question. i know i can just go to any shop and have the tc rod bushings pressed in, but i figured id ask everyone if they have a shop they would recommend or have had good experiences with.

[xbox360]DETrimentS14[/xbox360]
Old 10-29-2004, 08:17 AM

I have the Energy Suspension sway bar and T/C rod bushings. Overall, I'll give them a 3 out of 5 (5 being the best). After nearly a year with them installed they seem to be getting soft and don't react to turns as well when they were new, of course that can be from age but good quality for initial suspension upgrades.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Retired

I have Nismo TC bushings that I had a friend press (after I hacked the stock ones out). I put Whiteline TC's in my brother's car, which could have been pressed with a bench vice.

I did have poly bushings on my old Toyota. If you're talking about the bushings that hold the bar to the chassis, put some silicone pipe thread tape on the bar where the bushings go before putting them on. When you hit something like a speed bump, the bar will twist inside the bushings. If it's just steel bar on poly, it'll squeak.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:44 AM
All Around Maxed

James, has it been a yr already? Have you actually looked at them to see if they're physically degrading? Well, if that's the case, $20 for the T/C set and 20min for us to install wasn't bad. A good temp fix.

Sidewayz, I'd offer to help but I need to finish building my kitchen. The sooner I'm done, the sooner I can get back to working on cars and have more Install Days at the shop...

Ings RSpec, Built KA24DET, GT3071R
VR-4 AWD/TT Winter Sled

Last edited by MaxType 240; 10-29-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:07 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

poly t/c bushings = no no
Old 10-29-2004, 12:58 PM
lifelong learner

Originally posted by dan
poly t/c bushings = no no

bull shit

people claim about them cracking

hahah enver had it happen ive hit a billion curbs and bent a million wheels never cracked no control arm
Old 10-29-2004, 01:34 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

i've had 3 people specifically talk to me telling me how their t/c brackets had hairline cracks. i've seen it. not saying not to buy them, theyre a cheap fix, but spherical bushings will still be better in the long run.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:27 AM
highway whore

Originally posted by Ostrich
bull shit

people claim about them cracking

hahah enver had it happen ive hit a billion curbs and bent a million wheels never cracked no control arm
here you go...

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=1377421