Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Sloppy Suspension...???

Old 06-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloppy Suspension...???

well as the topic title says, i have sloppy suspension. like when i accelerate out of the turn it feels like the rear squats a little. and when entering a it feels like the rear shimmies to the outside without any sliding.

ive stiffend the suspension up a little with:
powerbrace
rear strut bar
tokico blues
and sportline springs

the rear end just feels too sloppy. doesnt feel solid. could it just be from worn out ball joints? what are some other things to check. but i do think my joints are gone on all fours.

Old 06-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Cpt. Negative

The subframe bushings might be going. Replace those with some subframe spacers or collars. Spacers are good for traction and eliminating wheel hop. Collars would be better (and more expensive) for drift. Spacers you can do the Mattback special (ask him about it.. lol), or some Greg Dupree spacers for $65 or so. PM me for info to get those. For collars, you can get the drift pineapples from just about ever suspension manufacturer. Tanabe, BattleVersion, SPL, ect.
What they do, so you can decide if this is your problem.
They pre-load the stock rubber bushings so the body does not float separately from the sub frame. Stock, the body “floats” about an inch before the suspension even interacts with the driving conditions. This “floating” or vague, sloppy feeling is magnified with upgraded suspension modifications. Installing the spacers will prevent the body from “floating”. This gap between the body and sub frame is also the reason for wheel hop. Because the sub frame is mounted loosely, the sub frame is allowed to bounce up and down.
-Jeff
Old 06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

that sounds like it.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:09 AM
lifelong learner

its much much worse on s14s