Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

HKS Actuator

Old 06-15-2004, 02:27 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HKS Actuator

I remember hearing someone say that on a SR motor using a HKS Actuator without a EBC or MBC, you can set the screw at a desired setting(say 14psi)and your turbo wont budge any higher or any lower than 14psi. Because I am still trying to learn more about turbo charged applications and how they function, is this true? I know almost everyone upgrades to an aftermarket Actuator once moving up in upgrades/turbos, but running on a stock t25, is this the case. I am assuming that, that is the reason for the adjustment screw on the actuator, though I am sure it would be a pain in the ass to set considering you would have to set it, drive, check boost, reset, etc, etc.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 06-15-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Re: HKS Actuator

Originally posted by Ralph
I remember hearing someone say that on a SR motor using a HKS Actuator without a EBC or MBC, you can set the screw at a desired setting(say 14psi)and your turbo wont budge any higher or any lower than 14psi. Because I am still trying to learn more about turbo charged applications and how they function, is this true? I know almost everyone upgrades to an aftermarket Actuator once moving up in upgrades/turbos, but running on a stock t25, is this the case. I am assuming that, that is the reason for the adjustment screw on the actuator, though I am sure it would be a pain in the ass to set considering you would have to set it, drive, check boost, reset, etc, etc.
I actually have a brand new HKS actuator for a S13 SR/T25 for sale($75 if you are interested PM me.

The actuator holds base boost around 12psi and the rod is adjustable so you can make it shorter.

Shortening the rod should give you another 1-2psi.

Once you set it beyond the base 12psi I'm not sure how solid it holds the boost, maybe someone else can comment on that?
Old 06-15-2004, 05:35 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

You wouldnt have a boost controller for say either

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 06-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Turbo>NA

I have a HKS acuator on my 180sx. mine's boosts 1bar. I don't think it's adjustable.
1990 R32 Skyline (RB25 powered )GONE
1987 Toyota Corolla GTS (NEVER DIE)

anti-oval drift association