Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Replacing intake manifold...

Old 05-27-2004, 03:00 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing intake manifold...

when the motor is still in the car = worst f'n job ever.

dont ever do it.

long story short, when i removed my evap and egr systems, i ghetto plugged them. i had a spare 95 motor which means less clutter on manifold. so i blocked up the egr stuff the right way and bypassed the throttle body coolant lines and swapped the manifolds.

red hi temp rtv silicone > paper gaskets

i also replaced a water hose that goes from the hardline on the manifold (that comes from the heater box) to the block. it was dry and cracking. i also replaced a lower rad. hose as it had a pinhole near the outlet neck but wasnt leaking yet.

i decided to keep the pcv in the stock configuration, and my pcv valve was checked and replaced.

i also used my brother's old AEM CAI and hacked it up. it will serve good use for IC piping later on, but for now it claims home to a DIY cold air intake. yay.

okay off to dinner. i'll pray for anyone who wants to do this.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Retired

I did it with the motor out, and it was still a bitch. The S14 motor I had was so knotted up with hoses, I just swapped the plenum out with an S13 one. Bypassed the throttle coolant lines, too. I want to say that I eliminated close to 10 lines!
Old 05-27-2004, 04:22 PM
They call me "CHAN"

damn...what have I gotten myself into??...I pan on doing this very soon
Old 05-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Sideways Maffia

Exclamation Hoses!

I eliminated a few off my once cam, does anybody know which ones we HAVE to have!? my car won't start and i can't figure it out. HELP!
Old 05-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Retired

brake booster and fpr. I didn't eliminate the canister, so I have 2 lines going to that as well. Make sure you're not leaving a vacuum port open. If you took the manifold off, make sure you didn't miss an electical connector.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:31 AM

Dan Dan Dan......I'm ahamed of you my friend. I have taking the intake manifold off down to doing it in about 35 minutes. Once you have all that shit we all love to remove, off...it's not that hard. Have to have the right amount of extensions and you'e good to go. Some other things to remove and make it easier onyourself next time......are he two brackets that Nissan used to "brace" the mani to the block. The larger one that splits around on of the heater hoses and the other tiny one that bolts to the alternator bracket (Ihope ou know which ones I speak of.

Also eliminating the hard fuel lines from atop the intake mani helps out tons too....I even have my main engine harness running thru the intake mani and still don't have a hard time

...practice young grashoppa....lol...j/k man!!!!

-Bill
Old 05-29-2004, 05:25 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

yeah i will but i hope i dont ahve to do it again lol.

the hard fuel lines and braces are gone. i tried to get teh harness in between but it didnt work. next time.