Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Flooding problem.....please help!!!!!!..longish...

Old 05-20-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flooding problem.....please help!!!!!!..longish...

SO after the car being down for close to two months, I finally recieved the set of used injectors I bought from a fellow member here on FA. I installed them yesterday along with checking any and all harnesses, bolts, nuts, ect....all seemed good so time to fire her up........no

Well I tried, but no luck. I tried for a good couple of times to get it to crank with nothing....wanted to turn, but didn't. I finally removed the old sparkplugs and they were pitch black (from when the car was running so rich during operation before teardown) and the also were wet with fuel...soaking wet. So I peer down into the cylinders and in each one there is a small pool of fuel sitting atop them.....ok......I thought maybe because I started to feather the gas towards the end of my last try caused it to flood like that.

After some careful syphoning, I got all the gas out of each cylinder and installed some new cheap plugs (I refuse to fuol out $50 worth of NGK before getting the car running right). I again tried to crank it...only twice this time for a period of three to four seconds each try....nothing. Took the fourth plug out....soaking wet with fuel....as were the other three when I removed them. More pools.....WTF??

Anyone know why this is?? I assume I installed the injectors correctly. I thought they were supposed to "pop" in, but I just pressed them down as hard as I could and then lightly tapped each one with a flathead and a hammer making sure they were secure. Could they not be seated all the way??

Also...when down...I had the fuel pressre regulator powdercoated. I don't know what the insides of a FPR consist of, but could there have been some plastic inside that could have been damged when in the oven baking???

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted folks to know the whole deal so as to help to get a possible answer sooner....Anyone have ideas????

-Bill
Old 05-20-2004, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might just have bad injectors happened to one of my friends. the injector was just staying open and wouldn't close. only on one of his though. replaced it with new one and no more problems