Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Shifter question

Old 04-27-2004, 08:20 PM
has whippled VTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter question

Is it just me or has any one else broke the little plastic piece on the very end of the shifter that goes in the transmission.I am on my third shifter.Is there an easier way to fix this then get a whole new shifter.Also has any one broken the metal piece that goes from the clutch pedal into the clutch cylinder, Cause i have and had to go get that from nissan its called a push rod and clevis i believe.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Cpt. Negative

Pedal stomping + speed shifting... sounds like drifting to me.
If you break that plastic thing again, get an OBX shifter, and enjuku can sell you that little plastic piece separately.. like $10, but it beats the shit out of buying a new shifter.
-Jeff
Old 04-28-2004, 05:52 AM
Suck A Turd!

Default Re: Shifter question

Originally posted by Shadytrixta1
Is it just me or has any one else broke the little plastic piece on the very end of the shifter that goes in the transmission.I am on my third shifter.Is there an easier way to fix this then get a whole new shifter.Also has any one broken the metal piece that goes from the clutch pedal into the clutch cylinder, Cause i have and had to go get that from nissan its called a push rod and clevis i believe.
Are you referring to the little plastic bushing that goes on the bottom of the shifter itself. If so, those things are like .80 cents at the dealership. They wear out overtime specially if you down shift or shift gears aggressively....

RINKU

1) BRAND NEW XBOX 360 4GB. (Never Opened - Factory Sealed)

2) TI 89 Texas Instruments GRAPHIC CALCULATOR. Barely Used.

3) Dell Vostro 200 DESKTOP Complete PC Package.

Click link above to see PHOTOS & CONTACT INFO.

I am in WESLEY CHAPEL, FL area and can meet locally. SEE ITEM in person before you buy for peace of mind.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:00 PM
has whippled VTEC

yeah its the little plastic bushing.I didnt know you could swap them cause i tried to take one off a good shifter and thought i was gonna brake it, so i left it alone.Last time i broke one i didn't even realize it and pulled the shifter out one day and there was no signs of a bushing anywhere, i think thats what got in my tranny and screwed up my synchros.

Last edited by Shadytrixta1; 04-28-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Suck A Turd!

Originally posted by Shadytrixta1
yeah its the little plastic bushing.I didnt know you could swap them cause i tried to take one off a good shifter and thought i was gonna brake it, so i left it alone.Last time i broke one i didn't even realize it and pulled the shifter out one day and there was no signs of a bushing anywhere, i think thats what got in my tranny and screwed up my synchros.
If it dont' come out when u pull out the shifter......One can pull it out from there with a tiny needle nose pliars......

Done it twice.....Just make sure not to drop the other bushing (thin metal one) while taking the shifter out.....

RINKU

I am in WESLEY CHAPEL, FL area and can meet locally. SEE ITEM in person before you buy for peace of mind.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Suck A Turd!

Oh also, you can put the bushing in a little hot water from a faucet for a little while so it can be put on the shifter easier.....otherwise that sucka is not going on there without serious effort.......

Just from my experience

RINKU

Old 04-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Retired

Nothing against you, but if you're breaking shifter components, it more likely your shifting style thats screwing up your synchros.

It may be worth your time to check out a little kit from Tanabe that contains metal replacement bushings (along with a urethane tranny insert). You can find it at Phase2 for around $120

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot...usotrmos1.html
Old 04-28-2004, 07:05 PM
S14 PILOT

It was ironic for me to stroll on here and see you have the same problem as I do (cause I still have the problem). At first I thought my slave cylinder went to shit which in fact it was pretty fuged up with grime in it. After more R&D and periods of R&R I finally figured out the problem had to do with the actual clutch pedal.

I own a 95 240SX factory service manual and on page CL-4 it is the push rod which is broke. It is attached to the clutch pedal via the clevis pin and snap pin (page CL-3). I am going to have to purchase the part from a dealership myself. I DON'T recommend Nissan of Brandon. High(est) prices slow/bad customer service from my personal exp.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:14 AM
lifelong learner

Originally posted by Epstein
Nothing against you, but if you're breaking shifter components, it more likely your shifting style thats screwing up your synchros.

It may be worth your time to check out a little kit from Tanabe that contains metal replacement bushings (along with a urethane tranny insert). You can find it at Phase2 for around $120

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot...usotrmos1.html

does anybody want to buy just the tanabe transmission brace from me ??? all i want is that little solid bushing kit

i already have a URAS transmission mount