Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Sputtering and smoking WTF..

Old 04-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Baby Rhino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sputtering and smoking WTF..

ok well have been trying to figure out WTF is going on now with this dam motor. when i drive it will start to sputter and then as soon as i stop at a light or something, it starts spitting out white smoke. it will do this all the way till i hit about 3-3500 RPMs then smooths out. I putfresh new plugs checked out the wires and they seemed to be in good shape no cracks or n e thing. Last week i put some injector cleaner and that seem to get rid of the sputtering and smoking. But tonight it started up again. it will never smoke untill it does that sputtering crap. So any ideas on whats going on? Could this be that my injectors are that gunked up or what. let me know
Old 04-21-2004, 07:56 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

mine was doing that same thing last week turn on your car and check your injectors they might be leaking, maybe try an o2 sensor besides that im not sure what else it could be

I make a passive income from the comfort of my home, visit my blog, I would love to show you how to do the same

ISE Automotive-Mobile Mechanic and 24-7 Roadside assistance services from oil changes to full track car builds we do it all and get it done right the first time
Old 04-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Baby Rhino

actually i forgot to add when i do turn the car on and let it sit for a bit, i can smell like raw fuel.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:26 AM
Suck A Turd!

Isn't white smoke fuel related?.......While blue is turbo or oil related?....

RINKU

1) BRAND NEW XBOX 360 4GB. (Never Opened - Factory Sealed)

2) TI 89 Texas Instruments GRAPHIC CALCULATOR. Barely Used.

3) Dell Vostro 200 DESKTOP Complete PC Package.

Click link above to see PHOTOS & CONTACT INFO.

I am in WESLEY CHAPEL, FL area and can meet locally. SEE ITEM in person before you buy for peace of mind.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Get off my lawn

white smoke is coolant, black smoke is fuel (running too rich) and blue smoke is oil

[xbox360]DETrimentS14[/xbox360]
Old 04-25-2004, 01:22 PM
towards antisocial

^ exactly

you have coolant getting into the mix somehow. its getting into your combustion chamber somehow I believe. noticed any loss in power?
Old 04-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Baby Rhino

umm not really it just will sputter real bad and then smoke. i dropped some injector cleaner in the sysetm and now the car seems to be running much better now it will actually start up with out having to pump the gas.