Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Ka24dett

Old 03-31-2004, 11:23 AM
doesnt even lift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ka24dett

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/157372

So does this guy know what hes doing? Is this even close to possible? Will the twin turbos from a GTR be a good match for the KA, I keep thinking no but he keeps dumping money into it. I figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. If this is even close to conceivable it will definately be something I look into.

Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever
Old 03-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi Hi Hi?

unless the motor is built for it i think its a waste

98 Camry w00t! (daily ride)
91' Eclipse GS-t (she's alive!!)
AOL IM: usfbull49

Originally Posted by Frankie
When a jelly fish comes out of my ass, I'll take pics.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Communist

Originally posted by Rdline1
unless the motor is built for it i think its a waste
Originally posted by lostyouth
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/157372

So does this guy know what hes doing? Is this even close to possible? Will the twin turbos from a GTR be a good match for the KA, I keep thinking no but he keeps dumping money into it. I figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. If this is even close to conceivable it will definately be something I look into.
yeah, the ka24de has a 9.5 :1 compression (i think) and i believe that the compression is too high. if you put money into the engine and lowered compressions, pistons, boar, ect, then maybe a twin turbo may make sense. but there lies the problem, is it really worth all the money in custom fabrications for you to put in 2 turbos? i say just put one gi-normus turbo and that should be more efficient and more economically sound.

2cents
china
Old 03-31-2004, 03:32 PM
What can Brown do for you

It may be just me not reading enough but i only saw where he said his "TT DE motor" will be there soon. I didn't see KA anywhwhere...could be an SR, RB..etc...maybe?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:57 PM

maybe if he goes with the smaller SR20det he could possibly add an extra turbo but it wouldn't be worth the money and another thing there might not be enough room to put two turbo's in the s13 engine bay.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:33 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

well theres enough room the the rb, but i do agree that it would be very difficult to fit it. . if you think about it its a 2.4 ltr so it should be enough to push a couple of turboes.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:36 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

i like that z drift on the last page

Old 03-31-2004, 08:02 PM
doesnt even lift

Originally posted by guadofreak
It may be just me not reading enough but i only saw where he said his "TT DE motor" will be there soon. I didn't see KA anywhwhere...could be an SR, RB..etc...maybe?
I thought about that and decided to search more and on page 2 I found this

News: Free 190k KA24DE from a friend. Thinking about doing some minor work and slapping on turbos because I'm dirt poor and I need to get this thing swapped.

Also, I understand the KA would need to be built for this but lowering compression isnt hard nor everything else, my big question I guess would be what kind of benefits would twin t25's be over a single t25. I dont know how to do turbo plots or I would have by now.

Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever
Old 03-31-2004, 08:10 PM
What can Brown do for you

lol...gayness
Old 03-31-2004, 08:10 PM
MASTER BREWER:HOT TEA

we considered such an option...but found it not worth while.