Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

S15

Old 03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
FuelSlut.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S15

How possible would it be for me to buy a s15? How much would it cost?
Old 03-28-2004, 02:50 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

They can be found within the US for sale usually around 20k. But they are not legal for street use. If you were very interested in getting one street "legal", there is a way but its difficult, invloves bringing it in in peices in separate containers and basically calling it a kit car or "parts for assembly vehicle"
Old 03-28-2004, 02:56 PM
FuelSlut.

Damnit the s15 is badass compared to the s13 and s14

MySpace

Email: Jeremy_2792@Yahoo.com
AIM: Jeremy2792
Old 03-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Uhhh...

i told you jeremy that it was going to be expensive...but yes you are right that they are badass.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:52 PM
THE HAMMER

Originally posted by tkrskyline
basically calling it a kit car or "parts for assembly vehicle"
you couldnt do this because the car had a production run of over 500....

There was a big deal in the GT-R forums on FA about some miami guy claiming he was importing R33's as "kit cars" by this same tatic... the guy from Motorex (Sean) shot him down...
Old 03-28-2004, 05:51 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally posted by Slash
you couldnt do this because the car had a production run of over 500....

There was a big deal in the GT-R forums on FA about some miami guy claiming he was importing R33's as "kit cars" by this same tatic... the guy from Motorex (Sean) shot him down...
I too must concur..."Assembled from Parts" is not valid in this situation.

If you want more info, I have posted MANY times on info for importing cars.....

but the cliff notes version is: Forget it.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 03-28-2004, 05:59 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

well yes.....thats why i put legal in quotes....hehehe. You would never get away with it in a skyline becuase RB motoring and Motorex have a vested interested in keeping it very hard to bypass them. With an S15, nobody cares. There are street "legal" S15s in the US right now. One example is NX who has theirs registered as a 98 240sx. I am guessing they had a s15 with a 98 production date and bended some laws. To use the kit car way, you would not be calling it a silvia kit car but rather your own kit car with a total production of 1. IE, you got a chasis from here, suspension from here, and engine ffrom there and put it all together to make a car. People make their own cars all the time. There is some guy who makes cars out of furniture and registers them for the street with tags an all. I have not personally done this, but I know someone who has with a JDM car and is currently totally registered and insured. This is still at best quasi legal and you would have to have a shop or business involved so that you can have peperwork and reciepts showing that you did in fact get parts to make your car from all different places and put them all together, and if you do come accross someone who really knows what they are looking at and wants to take an in depth look/audit of the car, it would probably have bad results which is why it would not work well in many states like cali where they have harsh inspections and educated people looking at the cars. Here in FL though, no inspections, and they probably would second guess a car that is already registered. Hell, I dont even get a second look form cops in my car, and I doubt many of them know what it is or that it has to go through motorex to be legal.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:14 PM
THE HAMMER

yeah I suppose that could work.. I wouldnt try it... but someone might be able to make it work considering that there is nobody putting their business on the line to bring the mhere and defending that right like motorex does for R-chassis...
Old 03-28-2004, 06:38 PM
do not touch mine

titties.....titties....tiitiieees...What? huh? What did you ask again?
Old 03-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Cpt. Negative

About the whole "Florida doesn't care, and wouldn't second guess a car that was registered previously." Well.. I think there may be a Puerto Rico loophole. They don't care what's shipped/driven there, and since it's a US providence, you could register it there and then finally ship it to Florida, and have it re-registered. Maybe.
-Jeff