Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

need info before purchase

Old 03-23-2004, 02:27 PM
doesnt even lift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need info before purchase

got a really good deal on some tein s/tech springs. As of now my car has no springs. The one problem is the s/techs have a coil cut out of them. Is this gonna be a problem? Im assured no but I just wanna be really sure, and what (if any) will be the cons. also will this improve handling over stock?

P.S. still have stock shocks

any info is greatly appreciated

Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever
Old 03-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Communist

Default Re: need info before purchase

Originally posted by lostyouth
got a really good deal on some tein s/tech springs. As of now my car has no springs. The one problem is the s/techs have a coil cut out of them. Is this gonna be a problem? Im assured no but I just wanna be really sure, and what (if any) will be the cons. also will this improve handling over stock?

P.S. still have stock shocks

any info is greatly appreciated
i personally would try to get some springs that are not cut. the coils that were removed jeopardize the longevity of your suspension. my friend cut his drop zone springs on his 96 240 and he blew out his shocks in 4 months. if you cut the stock springs, your car will bounce around alot, but if you cut aftermarket springs you wont bounce around as much. it all comes down to what you want to do though.

Pro: the cut springs will make your car alot lower to the ground, lower than most aftermarket lowering spring.

Con: your stock suspension will hate you .

Handling: i think the handling will be better than what you have now

Conclusion: it would be best if you got the regular uncut springs (unless you got some crazy deal on the springs and didnt mind replacing the shocks in a few months). the shocks on there now are pretty old and you will probably need to replace em if they were the shocks that came with the car origionally.

my two cents.
china
Old 03-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Sideways Maffia

Well said china...
If tien makes thier springs a certain length...its for a reason. On the instructions on the side of the spring box it doesn't say "Cut to length." I'd sell those to somebody you don't like, and buy some eibach pro's
Old 03-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Communist

Originally posted by RubberBerner
Well said china...
If tien makes thier springs a certain length...its for a reason. On the instructions on the side of the spring box it doesn't say "Cut to length." I'd sell those to somebody you don't like, and buy some eibach pro's
Old 03-23-2004, 04:01 PM
doesnt even lift

k, I can buy them for $80 all 4, worth it?

Old 03-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Communist

dood if you check ebay, you can get brand new springs for that same price uncut!

china

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2468776399

keep in mind you get what you pay for.
get cheap springs/coilovers, get CHEAP springs/coilovers

Last edited by China; 03-23-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Retired

Do it right the first time. It might seem weird putting $200 in springs on your $300 car, but you won't have to buy springs ever again. I would also seriously question the integrity of your stock components. The car I worked on had cut springs, and the shocks were toast. Along with that, all of the upper mounts were bent from the bottoming impact. On a car with no springs, you're in for some fun!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Communist

Originally posted by Epstein
Do it right the first time. It might seem weird putting $200 in springs on your $300 car, but you won't have to buy springs ever again. I would also seriously question the integrity of your stock components. The car I worked on had cut springs, and the shocks were toast. Along with that, all of the upper mounts were bent from the bottoming impact. On a car with no springs, you're in for some fun!
well if you dont want to go ALL out, you can pick up some tien or eibach springs on ebay for cheap too. we are talking like $200 max and it is shipped to your door. whatever you do you might as well try to keep the same springs for a while. it is pointless to get some cheap-o $100 springs just to get some better $400 springs in a few months.

china
Old 03-24-2004, 12:51 PM
doesnt even lift

well looking at the prices of springs and shocks I think Im gonna have to buy the cut s/techs and just save money for the new shit while my suspension slowly dies. I have a lot of money I need to account for in this car and theres no way I could add new springs and shocks to the list. Im prayin my car still has shocks. Weve never actually looked because the car is sitting on its nuts.