Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

95 200sx Se-r

Old 03-13-2004, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 200sx Se-r

I got a few questions about a SR20DET swap.
Does any one have a list of what I would need to replace to get the SR20DET motor in my 95 200SX SE-R?
I'm thinking I may need to get a aftermarket fuel pump or regulator.
I already have the SR20DE motor pulled and tranny off.
I'm waiting for the SR20DET motor to arrive which should be by the 22nd of March. I'm planning on getting a ACT clutch kit any recommendations for this vehical? I wish i could get the AWD Suspension for it. Which would be rather rare.
Let me know as to what would be best of the engine. I plan on replacing all the gaskets on the engine before it goes into the car.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:44 AM
Retired

Ooh FWD DET. Let's see here, you'll need:
-fuel pump
-downpipe
-intercooler solution (top mount sucks)
-clutch (which you mentioned)
-might look at poly engine mounts

The electronics are another story. Some people swear that the only way to get it wired is use the DE harness and JWT garbage. It can be done with all DET parts and DET harness. Find someone that has done it this way, as its the easiest.

It wouldn't hurt to find a spare tranny either. They are prone to breaking.

Track down v8killer or BoostinSE-R on these forums. They both know this stuff.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:11 AM

Cool So really what I need to just get it back on the road is and to have a little fun is:

I Already am getting these parts:
-Engine and AWD Tranny
-Turbo Intercooler & Wiring harness uncut( Theoretically a plug and play to the firewall) Includes ECU as well.
-MAF Sensor and Ignitor Chip

Need to get:
Clutch Kit Looking at: NX9-XT00 Should I get a flywheel is another question; i'm looking to see if the turboed SR20DET motor include a lightened flywheel or is it the same as the SR20DE motor?
Fuel pump Anyone suggest any particular brand? HKS, Greddy, or other? What rated pump should I get, if for say i would like to upgrade turbo later and fuel injectors and i wish not to have to upgrade fuel pump again.
-Motor Mounts are on my list of to-buys Just need to find the right locations where to buy them.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:23 AM

Would a WALBRO 255HP FUEL PUMP NISSAN 200SX SE-R 95-98 for $85 work?
Old 03-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Sideways Maffia

get your SR Rom tuned by SS for the best air/fuel...injectors can run at -50% if you want a S-Afc and a walbro 190 would do fine, but a 255 will work too (for later modifications).
Old 03-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Resident Asshole

Ok where to start.....
First things first. You can throw away or sell the awd tranny. You will never use on that car. Also being a 95 that is an obdII car where as the engine you are getting is going to be an obdI. You will most likely have to swap wiring harnesses due to the obdI and obdII plugs being different going into the ecu. The obdI ecu will have a smaller blue connector where as the obdII will have a larger white connector on the ecu. If your motor comes complete with wiring,ecu, and all you shouldnt have that hard of a time getting it going. you can use the factory det ecu if you would like. I use a jwt ecu on mine (but Im still on the stock de). If you need help check out www.sr20forum.com. If you are not very mechanically inclined and have the money, I would have jay (v8killer) do the swap for you. He has done several swaps and they are the cleanest you have seen. Good luck on your project.. Also get the 255lph walbro. Dont settle for the 190. No point in replacing the same part twice later. Do it right...do it once, Do it wrong..........do it twice.
6/14/43 - 7/11/06 2:24am
Old 03-14-2004, 09:21 PM

Sweet,
I'm going to look at everything once it comes in right now it's at St. Paul, MN. It was in Bismark, ND. It's on it's way home!! lol!.
I'm going to get the walbro 255hp fuel pump, I was thinking the same myself why get the smaller one for only like 10 bucks less then go with the bigger one...

Why cant I use that tranny? There's no possibilty even if i have to intergrade another suspension into the car to get the awd.(If at reasonable price) You don't belive that it would benifit from the awd or just that isn't the one that would be used in the car? let me know on this part cause I was looking at it to see if that's possible to get awd on it. Not many 200sx's you find w/ awd

I was wondering about how much hp would it put to the wheels?
Also does the Turboed ECU have a speed limit? like the Stock ECU to 110mph? I hated that govonor limit there I thought i broke something or I've read somewhere that i can get a "bypass"/or "blackbox" module?(which alters the signal from what the input is so it tells the computer that your going below a certain speed and allows the car to keep going higher in mph as well as the spedo works.)
Old 03-14-2004, 11:00 PM
i wanna go fast

Originally posted by RubberBerner
get your SR Rom tuned by SS for the best air/fuel...injectors can run at -50% if you want a S-Afc and a walbro 190 would do fine, but a 255 will work too (for later modifications).
i dont think SS can tune FF ECU. axe them but i dont think they can do it yet.

if u dont think you can do it take it to taylor at XAT he'll get u running right. my suggestion.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:05 PM

I'm going to see how the wiring is going to be hooked up when the engine arrives. After that i'll see as to what i can and can't do.
More than likely I will be able to do it all; I may have to have a little help thats about it. I plan on making a entire website on this project.... tO remind myself not to poke little holes in the engine lol! and think it'll run right after it did sound okay before everything was put back together. All in all I made probably the most expensive mistake i hope to in my life... 2100 bucks lol!
We'll It'll be a fun lesson too...Vrrm vrrm vrrrrm
Old 03-15-2004, 02:40 AM
Resident Asshole

The awd tranny has never been swapped into a b13 or b14 as far as I know. It would cost a ton of money to try and make it work. You would have to fabricate mounts for the rear diff and axles not to mention you would have to make a tunel if you will for the drive shaft going from the front to the rear. Like I said, to my knowledge it has never been done. You are not the first person with this idea nor the last. The reality of you actually converting it to awd is very very slim. It will cost you alot more money than its probably worth.
6/14/43 - 7/11/06 2:24am