Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

A few z31 questions:

Old 02-10-2004, 09:32 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few z31 questions:

I found a site with some vague instructions for compression testing, basically the typical routine. It didn't give me three important pieces of information that I needed:
1. What size sparkplug socket will I need? I've got a 21mm sparkplug socket, a lot of cars seem to use that size but I want to make sure.
2. What is an easy way to disable the fuel injection? The instructions I have skipped that step entirely, all the other instructions I've ever read for other cars warn of fuel coming out of the spark plug holes if you don't disable it. I'll just do it without this precaution if I have to, but I'd rather not.
3. This is the one that bothered me the most- what are acceptable results? This is an 88 turbo, which supposedly has a higher compression ratio than the 84-87's. The site didn't list allowable ranges for either, if anybody knows this then please share because I'm not finding it anywhere.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:18 PM
THE HAMMER

www.z31.com has to have some info... sorry I dont know it off the top of my head
Old 02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Evil Egg

you could unplug the injectors....
Old 02-11-2004, 05:08 AM
Captain Catastrophe

uhh , have you bothered to see what kind of spark plugs the z31 uses??? that would tell you which spark plug socket you need.

BCPR6ES from the factory. any 16mm will be fine

also, theres a thing called a distributor that houses a crank angle sensor. unlpug that and you'll get no fuel or spark.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:41 AM

There is a wire that goes to the base of the distributor. Unplug that and then unplug the small connector that goes to the coil pack behind the drivers headlight. If you dont already have atleast a haynes manual then go buy one. It will say in there.