Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

2k2 Maxima SE Impressions

Old 12-02-2003, 01:18 PM
All Around Maxed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2k2 Maxima SE Impressions

Bought a 2002 SE Glacier White to match my S14 but it has 19k miles vs my KA's 144k...

First of all, the shifter is a POSx2. Long throws and engagement is ambigous sometimes.
The clutch pedal engagement is wacky. It sits super high. It has to be fully pressed to start the car. So I move the seat forward to start the car then move it back for better shifting but then the gas pedal is far away.
Well, that's my 1st project for the car. Other than that, she's a beauty in terms of power, looks, and space!!! Despite being an SE, she still sways but handling is acceptable.

Any other local Max's let me know if you all get together so I can learn some things - especially about TSBs/recalls.

Jesse

Ings RSpec, Built KA24DET, GT3071R
VR-4 AWD/TT Winter Sled
Old 12-02-2003, 01:47 PM
is cooler than you

Default Re: 2k2 Maxima SE Impressions

Originally posted by MaxType 240
Despite being an SE
SE's were the best models. Just get a short shifter. Stillen makes one I believe.

Old 12-02-2003, 01:55 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

welcome, i was getting lonely being the only 5th gen in here. the best place to go about TSB's is here everything you need to know about your max.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:01 PM
All Around Maxed

Originally posted by VQ35DE
welcome, i was getting lonely being the only 5th gen in here. the best place to go about TSB's is here everything you need to know about your max.
Yup, been saving the image files already. Not sure if I have to take them to Courtesy but there good to have on record. I have no idea if the TSB fixes were actually performed, there are no records w/ the car. Perhaps they'll have my VIN on a database w all/none of the work done?

I'm actually posting on the maxima board to see what's up with the meet for the 6th... See you there?

Jesse

VR-4 AWD/TT Winter Sled
Old 12-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Maximaniac

just checkin in...i have a 2k GXE 5 spd. As for ur shift problem, i just got a B&M short shifter yesterday that i havent installed yet but the part number only works on 95-01 max's, so try stillen as Leslie said above. And ill probably be stopping by the meet saturday after i stop by the car show at Lokey Mitsubishi.

p.s. some good maxima sites besides maxima.org: www.southwestautoworks.com, www.custommaxima.com, www.cattman.com (under construction) and for simple how to's, i usually check www.maximadriver.com, as they usually have decent in depth descriptions.

peace
Old 12-03-2003, 09:25 PM

Take my word for it and stay FAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR away from Steallin.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:41 AM
All Around Maxed

$tillen is well known for their prices. I can understand them if they held a monopoly on parts but that's not the case. It's all about the name...

My wife doesn't feel like going so I'm choosing the S14 to bring to meet but I'll be hanging with the maxima crew to learn some things.

Jesse

VR-4 AWD/TT Winter Sled
Old 12-04-2003, 07:48 PM

The advice has nothing to do with their prices. It has to do with their seemingly total disregard for quality control and customer service. This is not the same company it was a year and a half ago. Begin snooping on the boards(Maxima.org & VQpower.com) and you will see what i'm talking about.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:17 PM
I <3 your mom

Originally posted by tampamax
Take my word for it and stay FAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR away from Steallin.
fuck them they do rip people off, make sure you look and ask around for the best prices on parts. I have a 96 and I wish I did the same because I spent alot of money on shit I could have gotten cheaper. Best parts for the money tho are : short shifter, y-pipe (but i dont know if they are out of your car yet) CAI, and cat back. Right there with those and a good driver your well into the 13's at 100mph +