Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Im a wiring dumbass (FAL)

Old 11-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a wiring dumbass (FAL)

well flame all you want i dont care.

in step 1 it says be sure to pass the nylon bolt through the motor leads when inserting the bolt through the top middle hole of the double unit (dual fan).

well what the hell is a motor lead. nothing looks like it does in the instructions. i think its the female connection from the fan. some one set me straight on this wiring bs.

Old 11-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Bukkake!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if you mean the the long nylon fastener that goes through the core, or the nylon bracket that bolts to the radiator in the stock shroud locations; then it really isn't important. The motor lead tha tthey are refering to is quite likely the pigtail that has the two black and white wires from each fan converge between the fans and come up between them towards the top of the fan housing. The point behind what they are saying is to basically keep the wires securely fastened away from other object, or even the fan blades themselves. I wire tied my pigtail and fan harness wires to the housing, and other stable structures in the radiator core support. I had to use the six long through-core fasteners, as I did not have any bolt hole locations for the solid brackets. My fan set had the thermostat that goes into the upper inlet of the radiator to control cooling. I believe I have the model 220 dual setup, so they should be very much the same. At any rate, each fan is getting a + and a -, the unit gets a chassis ground, an A/C compressor + (If applicable), and if you so coose, a manual switch. Holla if you need more info; the directions are only somewhat clear if you already know what it is you should be doing!!

John