Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Going turbo with the Spec V

Old 07-21-2003, 05:55 PM
TR Bike Tech Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going turbo with the Spec V

I know everyone thinks it would be a better idea to swap the 240 but i decided to turbo the spec v to see what it can do. I was wondering whet you guys think would be good numbers to shoot for on the QR25 motor. I was thinking of somewhere between 250hp and 275hp. You guys think it is possible? Also what kind of problems will we run into with the returnless style fuel system?
Old 07-21-2003, 07:07 PM

I think you should definitely turbo the spec. A bunch of people have done the 240 swap, so why not try something new instead? As for the numbers 250 is definitely attainable, and you could get 275 with the right amount of tuning. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Stoner

sounds good man. do they make a kit for it yet?
Old 07-22-2003, 09:56 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

you can check some of the honda tech forums, the 2001 up civics that have the 1.7L have a returnless fuel system as well as the new rsx's and si's, you might find out what they used to counter the returnless system and adapt it to your nissan motor. (i know some of them made it return style)
Old 07-22-2003, 10:46 AM
TR Bike Tech Post Whore

Originally posted by Penis2.0
sounds good man. do they make a kit for it yet?
No. They would be using my car for the prototype.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:47 AM
TR Bike Tech Post Whore

Originally posted by dan
you can check some of the honda tech forums, the 2001 up civics that have the 1.7L have a returnless fuel system as well as the new rsx's and si's, you might find out what they used to counter the returnless system and adapt it to your nissan motor. (i know some of them made it return style)
Thanks for the info. I will check on that.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Stoner

Originally posted by WhiteSERSpecV
No. They would be using my car for the prototype.

nice. does that mean they pay for everything? or you just pay a discounted price?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:01 AM
TR Bike Tech Post Whore

nice. does that mean they pay for everything? or you just pay a discounted price?
I just pay for the hard parts like turbo, wastegate, intercooler, etc. I don't really have to pay for labor or tuning or anything like that.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Stoner

Originally posted by WhiteSERSpecV
I just pay for the hard parts like turbo, wastegate, intercooler, etc. I don't really have to pay for labor or tuning or anything like that.

thats baddass. that shit probably wont og over a few thousand. maybe even under 2,000. you will post how much power it makes im sure. good luck
Old 07-22-2003, 11:14 AM
TR Bike Tech Post Whore

thats baddass. that shit probably wont og over a few thousand. maybe even under 2,000. you will post how much power it makes im sure. good luck
Well it will probably go over that due to having a returnless fuel line to deal with. I was told to save about $2800 with a $500 leadway in case something came up that we needed something else.