Silvia OEM+ build

Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
JDM cavaliers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silvia OEM+ build

Figured I'd throw a build thread up on here because I'm bored.

First, some background because it ties in with the coupe build.

Currently driving my black 89 hatch. Day I picked it up:

Stock SR, ksport coilovers, bald tires, gutted, etc. At the time, pretty much a racecar as far as I was concerned.

Then bought a set of wheels and kouki tails.

Then came aero and low.

Car was pretty much at its peak here (2011 Straight Stance! Low Low Flush show (lolll)).

Then I started getting into drifting.... this picture shows one of the several times I smashed my intercooler, and went back to ugly wheels.

But the wheels were part of a trade for....

An RB25.

Did a 5 lug conversion and bought a set of MB Battles.

Did lots more drifting.

Took the RB out, and put an SR back in. This time with 550s and a T28. The hatch is beat, with body damage, rust, shot bushings everywhere, and wiring issues. Here's how it sits as of today.

Which brings us to the point of this thread, my coupe. 100% stock 1989 XE two-tone coupe. I had never initially planned on getting a new coupe, and had only toyed with the idea of getting a new shell, but when this car came up for sale something compelled me to buy it. 3 phone calls, and I was on the way to Orlando with a deposit in hand. Didn't get to see the car run (PO had messed up firing order and installed a new fuel pump incorrectly), but I checked for rust, wiring, and all the other typical 240 issues, and decided it was worth purchasing without knowing.

First day home:

[img]

At the time, I still had the RB, and was planning on using the coupe as a stock DD on suspension and wheels while I re-did my hatch. You know what they say about the best laid plans...

Bought a sil front from Jared.

The SOHC started running rough after that sooo...

After persuasion from my friends, I decided to go all-out with the build. In addition to the aero bumper, the car also got Silvia side skirts, and will be getting the matching valences. I'm undecided on the spoiler. I really dislike the wingless trunk thats on it, and am leaning toward OEM spoiler and a Dmax roof wing to finish the exterior. If anyone is wondering, yes, the car is staying two-tone and real paint will be coming in the future in original color scheme. The motor is going to remain unchanged, SR with 550s/T28/N62/Enthalpy. The motor has an OEM fan shroud, OEM manifold, OEM coolant overflow, but many upgrades (OEM+, get it?). This car will have A/C. I've purchased OEM s14 5 lug to replace mine as the fronts have bad bearings and Z32 brakes. Also going on the car is a Buddy Club Spec 2. I have decided to replace the Ksport coils with a set of Fortune Auto 500s 9/7k after hearing good reviews. Also going on is a set of Drift Freaq poly engine mounts and a peak performance tranny mount. The goal is to make this car drive smooth and be a street car. Interior will be mostly stock and FULL, but I'm looking to get either one or two blue Bride seats to match the blue interior.

I hope you enjoyed the read. Please feel free to post comments, criticism, hate, whatever. I'll most likely delete this tomorrow anyway. Here's the car as it sits today:

...and then I wondered why I was on Stanceworks forums...
Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 PM
.....taste the rainbow

Let's go muddin'.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM
[IMG]http://i950.photobuc

damn i want those bricks lol
Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 AM
JDM cavaliers

Yesterday, made it up to the shop and installed my Z32 front brakes and OEM S14 5lug with new moog balljoints. Not pictured (because I suck at taking pictures), also painted the frame rails, installed my BNIB OEM grille (thanks Duke, looks great!), and DOHC ps lines. Swap should be done next week, I'm so ready to start driving this thing!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
[IMG]http://i950.photobuc

nice work which motor were u putting in this shell again sr or rb?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:24 PM
JDM cavaliers

Tuned SR. Unfortunately I could never get the RB to run quite right.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:45 PM
S one 4

More cow bell...!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 PM
JDM cavaliers

Engine swap is done! Figure this was a pretty good birthday present to myself.

The bumper is trimmed and on, will get better pictures after I put the rear coils and 5 lug on and lower this monster truck.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:27 AM

shit it's crazy to see my car a year ago. Can't believe how fast you got it going considering I saw you a week or two prior to you being in the coupe. Now if we could do something about those axles and wheels of mine.
1993 black s13 convertible (beach cruiser)
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM

like seeing my news about my old black hatch, and i like the coupe build, is that the same sr20 from the hatch?

Quick Reply: Silvia OEM+ build