Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice , what you are up to?
Tuned by Alpha @ Induction Performance
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
no

Originally Posted by Super Coupe
Ya I have read some post from you and seen a couple vids on ka-t or zilvia. Went SR and blew up? lol
I parted out my Ka-t kit because I was planning on going with a built engine / full race stuff. That never came to fruition, so I ended up with an SR. It was pretty awesome, but I did end up breaking it. It was not the motors fault though. Tuned super lean and a 5th gear pull to 7500rpm is what killed it. KA vs SR is like comparing cool ranch to nacho cheese doritos. My experience with both motors was pretty awesome. I ran 25psi through my ka and 21ish through my sr so they were both capable. If I had to do it again, I'd go with a KA. It's 10,000X cheaper!

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
I parted out my Ka-t kit because I was planning on going with a built engine / full race stuff. That never came to fruition, so I ended up with an SR. It was pretty awesome, but I did end up breaking it. It was not the motors fault though. Tuned super lean and a 5th gear pull to 7500rpm is what killed it. KA vs SR is like comparing cool ranch to nacho cheese doritos. My experience with both motors was pretty awesome. I ran 25psi through my ka and 21ish through my sr so they were both capable. If I had to do it again, I'd go with a KA. It's 10,000X cheaper!
I love ka motors they are almost bullet proof (but like you said depend on builder or tuner). before i did the 2j i was gonna build a ka 2.6 bc stroker . I know i gonna get burn but i really don't like sr's
Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 AM
no

Another cool tip for you, the lower part of the intake manifold has two studs in the front and back of it that pass through to the upper runners. Yank them out and replace them with bolts it makes removing the lower plenum super easy in case you need to get in there to work on an oil feed, stuck oil filter, coolant, or heater line.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
no

Originally Posted by BABILLARACING
I love ka motors they are almost bullet proof (but like you said depend on builder or tuner). before i did the 2j i was gonna build a ka 2.6 bc stroker . I know i gonna get burn but i really don't like sr's
In my experience they both break similarly. Pistons are cast from the same crappy material, SR has MUCH stronger connecting rods compared to the toothpicks found in a ka. Drawbacks to a ka are the head flowing less than ideal, and a half counter weighted crank which makes it more susceptible to torsional strain and harmonic damage at high rpm. The reason why they get a bad wrap is because most of them are high mileage, abused, slapped together and not tuned properly. A turbo only compounds that stress. People also like to jump on the bandwagon and say a turbo ka will nuke a headgasket without stopping to analyze why. The stock m10 head studs are too weak to properly hold down the head under constant abuse. The head lifts and combustion gas destroys the graphite composite gasket. This is solved by using Hardened ARP studs which are less likely to stretch. 700-800hp guys have the head machined to accept m12 ARP studs. Dis-similar metals with different thermal expansion rates and a garbage ass head gasket like Cometic doesn't help the problem any either...

SR's aren't immune to rod knock either. I've seen just as many knocking SR20's as I have KA's. Does a stock SR have a little more of a window for how much you can abuse it before it breaks compared to a KA-T car? I would say so. Having a little more torque is really the only reason I see to put one ahead of another IMO though but for the type of driving I do and power levels I deal with 350-400whp either would get the job done easily in stock form.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 AM

^^^ good info ,but i still go with the ka . have you seen ramon's ka t ? on youtube? that shits rides . and he beat the living crap out of it . I seen fully build sr's have problem after problem and they have been build and tune by people who know what they are doing.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Old school TR member

Ya Ramon's car was sick I believe he was in the 700hp range. He ended up parting it out. Karey's car (kedbmx) put out 8 something recently. There are a few 700 hp street driven machines on KA-T.org right now, KA big turbo seems to be getting more and more popular.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Old school TR member

Karey's old setup put down 7

KA-T.org - The Home of 1000+ whp/7 sec Turbo KA's
Old 04-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Old school TR member

Old 04-20-2012, 02:39 PM
S one 4

Looking good dood...