New Project '96 S14 Non-daily, Fun car

Old 12-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Will Drift For Tires

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Project '96 S14 Non-daily, Fun car

Some of you might remember the build I had going for the purple car in my sig: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/n...-take-nap.html

That car is still running strong, surprising domestic owners and still getting me to and from school.

but now its time to return that car to stock trim, back to its uber reliable stock KA goodness.

but to keep me happy and occupied car-wise i picked up a pretty much bare (except for eletrical and interior stuff) S14 shell because i hate s13's.

so this thing is going to be an on-going, upgrade-as-i-make-money, kind of project. LOTS of work to do as of right now though.

heres a pic as i was rolling it into my side of the neighborhood from a friends place around the corner:

and how it sits in my garage now, stripped down the rest of the way:

much more to come in the future hopefully!

enjoy

Old 12-05-2009, 11:44 AM
no

^ Nice! This looks like exactly what I'm doing with my s13... except I'll never put my ka-t s14 back to stock. If you want some advice... save yourself a huge headache and alot of time and leave the sound deadening alone. It is a BITCH.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Why So Serious?

^or get lucky and itll come up with the carpet

No Front Bumper Mafia crew#1 since 04'
The original 350Z Blue 240sx
Old 12-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Will Drift For Tires

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
^ Nice! This looks like exactly what I'm doing with my s13... except I'll never put my ka-t s14 back to stock. If you want some advice... save yourself a huge headache and alot of time and leave the sound deadening alone. It is a BITCH.
i have a plan for the sound deadening. it involves a lot of radiant heat and not a lot of time or effort.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:48 PM
no

^ lol, I tried dry ice. It worked awesome but it left tiny tar remnants that are a real bitch to remove. My "not a lot of time or effort" involved a drill and a wire wheel... and it definitely took forever. haha

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Shakotan/Hippari life.

If you use a needle scaler ( it's used mostly for getting barnacles off boats ) then it'll take maybe 10-15 minutes to do all the sound deadening in the car.

-'03 GSX-R 750
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Will Drift For Tires

oh reaaaaaaally? only problem is is that i havent brought my air compressor up to tallahassee yet. time to put that on the to do list i think!

oh and i just got a sweet deal on a complete kade with one spun bearing, complete 95 harness, and all accessories for a grand total of zero dollars. this is best budget build ever!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Formerly IThaJokaI

Awesome man, cant wait to see this car out. Is all the stuff from the purple car going on it, or are you going bigger?

Old 12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Will Drift For Tires

it depends. if i get a price that i cannot refuse on the setup on the purple car, i will sell all of it and do a custom manifold-holset build on it. if not, i'm gonna try to squeeze low 400's out of what i have now minus the stock intake manifold.

currently working on designing and CNC machining an aluminum intake manifold flange so i can build my own intake manifold:

Old 12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
February - Ride of the Month

Dry Ice and chisel. Worked AWESOME

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."