Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

machine shop help

Old 10-17-2010, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation machine shop help

so i got new bearings and arp main bolts. platic gauged the clearances and found main cap #5 over tightening/not enough clearance. so i need my bottom end line honed. who do you guys recommend and price? found a place that will do it for $80. also debatting on wether or not to balance the rotating assembly? i currently have a 6 bolt crank standard size,ross pistons,eagle rods,stock balancer,act 12lb flywheel and act pp. is it absolutely necessary to balance? have any of you ran a built bottom end with out balancing? opinions will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by A97EclipseGS; 10-24-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:23 AM

There is an awesome shop in Ybor. It was Red's, but I think it is now Bay City or something like that. They are on the south east corner of 7th ave and 34th st. The owner is Mike and did an incredible job on both my block and head. Quick turnaround and incredible prices.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM

ttt
Old 10-24-2010, 05:51 PM

line bore is always a most when u you use arp main bolts... Harris Performance has always done all my machine work great guys best prices.. also always balance the rotation assembly with balance shaft deleted and long life. If you havent deleted the balance shafts do so. When your building a high output built engine always balance that baby. Lets say a piston or rod combo is 2 or 3 grams more or less that will just make things so out of balance. When you invest allot of money into something like this its like a no brainer.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:47 PM

i had an unbalanced 2.3.. i was broke , young and stupid at the time
did it run?.. yes...
did i feel a difference in the motor? . yes
would i ever do it again. hell no ,
balance every assembly . do it once . do it right . itll cost you alot more in the long run if you cheap out..
Old 10-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Kiss Mi Ras!!!!!!

UFor future reference everyone who reads this whenever you use around mains you have to get your block line bored or line honed as for Dsm block its line bored because its a cast block with cast mains and for aluminum block with cast mains you get them line bored that place in ybor is really good its called 3d now
JumpManPm me for any needs for a Honda/Acura/Evo. From tune ups to motor builds TR "Old Skool DA" Member #91Still Jokie!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Tig Welder/Fabricator

Originally Posted by 97EJ-6
UFor future reference everyone who reads this whenever you use around mains you have to get your block line bored or line honed as for Dsm block its line bored because its a cast block with cast mains and for aluminum block with cast mains you get them line bored that place in ybor is really good its called 3d now
Trying to decipher that big ass sentence
Old 10-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Kiss Mi Ras!!!!!!

Lol fuck it iTS tr
JumpManPm me for any needs for a Honda/Acura/Evo. From tune ups to motor builds TR "Old Skool DA" Member #91Still Jokie!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Paul Walker

Plus one on the honing, plus one for balancing, and take a good look at the bearing and make sure there is not a ding(journal side if that is applicable) of some sort, can give a false clearance issue. 2 cents and yeah.

"Excuses are monuments of nothing built by tools of inequity and those who use those tools will be masters of nothing"
-Unknown

"Time is a luxury that even the richest man cant buy"
-Unknown

1990 Talon TSi AWD
Joshua P.