Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

2g Spyder Electrical Shenanigans....

Old 05-15-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2g Spyder Electrical Shenanigans....

So I had an issue after finally getting the car running after it was on jackstands for about 4-5months... Where the windows, top, locks, interior lights, and buzzer all stopped working. Also, after trouble shooting I found out that if a door was open and I turned the headlights on, then back off. The headlights and only the headlights would stay on until the door was closed.

So, I pulled everything apart in the fuse box area and found corrosion issues in the fusebox itself and the ECU thats attached to it (controls everything that is not working). Also, found ~10 random wires that were spliced with tape, nothing else! The wire leads off those 10 splices were just hanging there randomly touching bare metal...

Since about 5 today until now I have been working on this issue again. I installed the new fusebox and ECU attached to it, also fixed all the spliced wires.

SAME FUCKING ISSUE!

So at this point, has anyone seen anything like this?
Is anyone selling a FULL 2g gst harness? (dash, engine, interior harnesses)
How is the easiest way to remove the entire harness? (I get the gist of it, but any hints?)

I'm done with fucking idiots that take a car thats working fine and start cutting shit and ghetto rigging everything. If I ever find this person that owned/worked on this car, I will be the last one to talk to him....

So basically any help at this point would be bamf....