Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

quick question ?????

Old 10-22-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question ?????

ok guys i am having some problems......
i am putting my evo 3 16g back on to my colt and the problem that i am having is that the threads on in the head for the oil feed are all messed up, i really dont want to have to re-tap the head on the car. so i already have a AN line ran from my OFH that i had used on the other turbo set-up and so is what i am haveing problems with is trying to find a fitting to go into the oil feed on the turbo itself. i am almost positive that the size is m12 X 1.25. and i know that the 1.25 is very hard to find. i am looking for just a straight peice that gos from the 1.25 to the 4 AN line. had anyone else done this befor? and dose anyone know where i can get that fitting from.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM

im pretty sure that wont work. why dont you just pick up a new turbo feed like for 40 bucks?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:16 PM
DSMPowered

I have ran it from the OFH to the top of the turbo before. If you're using a ss line, you'll need a coupler fitting, im sure you can get it where any earls fittings are sold...i have a ss braided line i used for my 16g feed im not using if youre interested.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d
im pretty sure that wont work. why dont you just pick up a new turbo feed like for 40 bucks?
lol it is not the oil feed line that i need it is the threads that are in the head that you get the oil from that are messed up. (like i thread the banjo bolt in and it is just stripped inside it never gets tight). so i already have the SS line ran from the OFH but i am just in need of the fitting that gos into the turbo itself. i need it to go from the 12 X 1.25 (turbo) to a -4 AN in a 90 degree.

and that is the fitting i am having trouble finding...
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 AM

best to fix head. even block off will not get tight enough to stop leaking. not easy to do for non equipped mechanic. there are two ways to do this that I have done. you can heli coil head or you can tap head deeper and make custom longer feed bolt.
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"
Old 10-23-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by lancerman
best to fix head. even block off will not get tight enough to stop leaking. not easy to do for non equipped mechanic. there are two ways to do this that I have done. you can heli coil head or you can tap head deeper and make custom longer feed bolt.
well i already had the head blocked off from the other turbo setup and it never leaked, and i never had any problems, the threads are fine when you get far enough back in there but when you go to put the banjo bolt in with the feel line between and the two crush washers that is when it is like a lil to spaced out and the bolt cant grab any threads......