Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Battery And Alternator Good, No Charge???!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 PM
DSMPowered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Battery And Alternator Good, No Charge???!!!

Ok so here's the deal and im getting FRUSTRATED with this. I just had a full 1G swapped into my 95 Talon. DIdnt change the harness and DID NOT have this problem before the swap when the 7 bolt was in. So I was driving for about 30 mins and all of a sudden it went from driving great to spuddering, lights and all still ran, but seemed like crazy misfires like it was off time, but when I pulled off the road, shut it off and turn it back on i can drive away and it be normal for another 15 mins and go right back to spuddering. I checked the wiring and everything seems to be connected fine. I took the alternator and battery to advance and they checked em both, battery was dead so they recharged it, alternator was good. I put em both back in the car, had advance check to see if there was the right voltage and its only at 12.00 and drops.....yet both check out fine...i also changed the fuse in the box too. checked the grounds, they are all fine, also checked terminals, they are fine too. I am stumped as to what to do next only thing i can think of is the ecu, the 02 might be messing up when it gets hot or the heat from the downpipe is causing the voltage reg. to not correctly work properly. Any suggestions?????? Thanks everyone!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by BoostedTalon00
Ok so here's the deal and im getting FRUSTRATED with this. I just had a full 1G swapped into my 95 Talon. DIdnt change the harness and DID NOT have this problem before the swap when the 7 bolt was in. So I was driving for about 30 mins and all of a sudden it went from driving great to spuddering, lights and all still ran, but seemed like crazy misfires like it was off time, but when I pulled off the road, shut it off and turn it back on i can drive away and it be normal for another 15 mins and go right back to spuddering. I checked the wiring and everything seems to be connected fine. I took the alternator and battery to advance and they checked em both, battery was dead so they recharged it, alternator was good. I put em both back in the car, had advance check to see if there was the right voltage and its only at 12.00 and drops.....yet both check out fine...i also changed the fuse in the box too. checked the grounds, they are all fine, also checked terminals, they are fine too. I am stumped as to what to do next only thing i can think of is the ecu, the 02 might be messing up when it gets hot or the heat from the downpipe is causing the voltage reg. to not correctly work properly. Any suggestions?????? Thanks everyone!
Your getting the random cylinder 1 miss fire, commonly associated with those swaps. You will need to wire in a potentiometer to your barometric pressure sensor wire to tune it out.

I can do this for you if you want to bring it to me. pm me if you want help.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
DSMPowered

I am getting that misfire reading on an OBD scanner but what I dont understand is what that would have anything to do with the battery reading 12.00 and under on a voltmeter. I can use the help definately.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

1 problem at a time my friend, pm me when your ready.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:37 AM

likely a blow circuit breaker. its the 100amp one. the large alt wire feeds that breaker.
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM

Check the plug for the alternator as well, mine was cracked and it died on me just like that. Fixed it and get 14.3v again
Old 10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
howie

Originally Posted by BoostedTalon00
I am getting that misfire reading on an OBD scanner but what I dont understand is what that would have anything to do with the battery reading 12.00 and under on a voltmeter. I can use the help definately.

P0300 Random misfire code. if your getting this code more then likely it is the Common random misfire from installing a 6 bolt into a 2g. there's a couple of ways to fix it.

*barometric pressure
*Dsm link

If this is the random misfire code for the common 6bolt swap. I currently have the random misfire and havent fixed it yet. I have a 98 gsx full 6bolt swap if you take the cables off battery and let it sit for a minute (resetting the ecu) and then install back together you should be fine for a day or 2. but the misfire will come back. its very annoying and you would have to press clutch in or ease off gas pedal for a min to drive normal again. but it always comes back. so theres just 2 options, cheap fix for the meantime or dsm link. hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

^ Random misfire fixed....

I believe alternator is on it's way out.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:27 PM
DSMPowered

Originally Posted by THE_ONE
^ Random misfire fixed....

I believe alternator is on it's way out.
Thank Miguel! Car running great now cuz of you, but ya battery got killed tonite so likely the alt. is going bad. Tomorrow imma run a jumper from the alt to the fuse box then from the fuse box to the battery and check the voltage again...see where we're at. I'll post results. Misfire is gone tho thank god!