Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

2g Dsm Ecu Flash

Old 09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
howie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2g Dsm Ecu Flash

Anybody have information on 2g 97-99 ecu flashes? Just wondering how well it works. I understand its new this year and want to know information on how well it works and if its a positive mod.also is there a way to remove 6bolt random misfire while flashing? please give feed back on expierence or opinions thank you

Last edited by howeeez; 09-28-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 PM

why dont you go to www.dsmtuners.com and do a search for this this a huge thread on it
Old 09-29-2009, 02:49 AM
howie

Originally Posted by xxsupralvrxx
why dont you go to www.dsmtuners.com and do a search for this this a huge thread on it
Yeah seen it already but thanks, Wanted to know if anyone in the bay area has tried to flash a 2g ecu yet and what they came up with
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 AM

I havent done it yet but been watching the thread. You need a black case 98-99 ecu. ten times better than afc tune. I was considering this for blue car then ended up buying a dsm link. the tune being the most important part of your car it doesnt make much sense to skimp a few hundred in that area. the link is well worth the extra
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"
Old 09-29-2009, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by lancerman
I havent done it yet but been watching the thread. You need a black case 98-99 ecu. ten times better than afc tune. I was considering this for blue car then ended up buying a dsm link. the tune being the most important part of your car it doesnt make much sense to skimp a few hundred in that area. the link is well worth the extra
x2
Old 09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
howie

Originally Posted by lancerman
I have a 98 black ecu. And a afc. and since its ten times better then a afc tune and im on a budget it would benefit me to get a better tune?. I also heard that i can disable the 6bolt misfire with the flash true or false?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by howeeez
I have a 98 black ecu. And a afc. and since its ten times better then a afc tune and im on a budget it would benefit me to get a better tune?. I also heard that i can disable the 6bolt misfire with the flash true or false?
yes and true
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 PM

Yes. Download ECUflash and play around with a stock ROM. You can adjust the afr over different amounts of load, as well as the timing advance. No more tricking the car by screwing with the airflow signal.

if it turns out anything like the evo 8 ecu, you will eventually be able to have boost by gear, no lift to shift/2step etc.

I got an evo ecu for my car but the obd2 port is fucked so I cant disable the immobilizer *doh*
Old 09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Tampa Bay Tuned Inc.

hey howie...i passed u on the vets last wed. night in a silver STI....car looks good man

Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
howie

Originally Posted by ThE iNfAmOuS p MoNeY
hey howie...i passed u on the vets last wed. night in a silver STI....car looks good man
Yeah man thats the 2nd time i ran into a sti while my car was fukd up lol.. I put on a aftermarket 02housing and my dumbass buddy over tightened the turbo bolt to manifold and snapped it off into the turbo. so i had no boost along with a huge exhaust leak. but everything is fine now. tapped out the bolt and installed arp bolts back running strong hopefully i can run into another subie on the expressway lol. but anyway back on topic. im going to try the tune with the flash and see how it goes.