Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Car running real lean HELLPPPPPP!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Fuckin' Lingerer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car running real lean HELLPPPPPP!!!

Car is a 95 gst with 6bolt. So I turned my car on 3 days ago and car idled funny afc was saying it was running lean. engine is shaking alot and smelling like alot of gas.i was messing with fuel rail that day too. Did a compression test and it read 160 in each one. so thats good. dont have any boost leaks. but when i unplug the plugs that go into the injectors, 2 and 1 the car dies. but unpluging 3 and 4 car stays running. did the whole screw driver test by placing it to each injector listing for a ticking sound to see if the are throwing fuel and they are. Any ideas on what this could be??

Oh and thanks to Drew, he has been helping me along the way over the phone. i wanna take it over there its just to far. cant drive it,dont wanna deal with fuking towing companies with my fmic
Old 01-28-2009, 06:15 PM

Your AFC said it was running lean? Your AFC doesnt have that ability. Do you have a wideband? How do you know what you car is doing? I think you need to take it someplace that knows what they are doing.

Kevin *Slo Si* 9/13/06 RIP! You will be missed! Godspeed!

We will miss you Pablo. Take care man. 1!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Fuckin' Lingerer

Don't have a wideband. The Neo says under senser check and under In2 it reads 0.000. Drew was telling me that means lean.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Probably $#%#ing broke.

Never heard of being able to tell whether your running rich or lean from a NEO... get a wideband
Mods: 11's

Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 PM
EL RIPPO

Smelling fuel would make me think its running rich, or flooding. What are your mods? Are you getting any knock or anything? If the sensor is reading straight zeros how do you even know its even working?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:58 AM
Fuckin' Lingerer

Originally Posted by Neesan
Smelling fuel would make me think its running rich, or flooding. What are your mods? Are you getting any knock or anything? If the sensor is reading straight zeros how do you even know its even working?
yea thats what I was thinking it was doing. I do have a walbro 255 on stock injectors though,would that mean anything? I had it tuned on th 450's by Drew.Nd no im not getting any knocks. The zeros start reading 0.045 and jumps up nd down. It never did that before when the car was running good.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Fuckin' Lingerer

Originally Posted by blackFLgst
Never heard of being able to tell whether your running rich or lean from a NEO... get a wideband
It was what I was told so idk? Yea I wanna get one.......I mean I need one.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Hey, when the car is running unplug your mass air flow sensor and see what the car does.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 AM

Stop racing so much jeff j/k.

As for your prob you got me stumped take it to a shop and stop spending money on parts
Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Throwback

Originally Posted by blackFLgst
I did the 'Blue Wire Mod' so the o2 voltage shows on the afc... you still need a wideband.