Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

fuel...

Old 01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
16g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel...

my gas gauge works but it goes empty at a quarter tank. my question is do dsm's have a fuel sending unit in the tank or is that just an american thing? and if that's only done in american cars then what sends the signal to the fuel gauge?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 PM

it should be under your back seat about a foot to the right of your fuel pump if im not mistaken.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:31 PM
16g

that's the fuel sending unit? because the pump is on the passenger side and then there's another plate thing on the driverside but i dont' know what's under that.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 PM

i have never taken it out but if theres wires going to it thats what it should be.cause as fare as i know theres only two things in a gas tank that need electrical wiring, the pump and the sending unit. should have some sort of floating divise atached to it. if so look and see if you can see the resistance divise atached to the float.it will be a bunch of copper lines laying flat and if so see if there dirty and rusty some times cleaning them up will fix the problem on other cars not sure on 2gs never had to do one.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:44 PM
16g

well there aren't any wires on the driver side cap. they're only on the passenger side. i'll open them one day (hopefully this weekend) and see if i can figure it out.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:48 PM

i have a project car that belongs to a customer with nothing on the inside of it.its to late know but in the morning ill walk out to it and take a peek for you and hit you back. or if i can find my manuel ill see if it shows its location.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Pure Evil

Originally Posted by toyotiny
i have never taken it out but if theres wires going to it thats what it should be.cause as fare as i know theres only two things in a gas tank that need electrical wiring, the pump and the sending unit. should have some sort of floating divise atached to it. if so look and see if you can see the resistance divise atached to the float.it will be a bunch of copper lines laying flat and if so see if there dirty and rusty some times cleaning them up will fix the problem on other cars not sure on 2gs never had to do one.

wow spelling.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:43 AM

lol i speak spanish! my writing sucks! the funny thing is its just as bad in spanish lol!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:35 AM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

my 2g did this after i converted it to awd. it would hit 1/4 tank then you wait for the light to come on.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
16g

Originally Posted by toyotiny
i have a project car that belongs to a customer with nothing on the inside of it.its to late know but in the morning ill walk out to it and take a peek for you and hit you back. or if i can find my manuel ill see if it shows its location.
alright. thanks.