Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

FMIC Question

Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Ryce Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMIC Question

so i got the urge to work on my talon this weekend, after owning it for a few months.

i decided to pretty much tear it down, clean all the pipping, and take the A/C out. As i was taking off the front bumper and taking the FMIC pipes off, i decided to clean up the FMIC pipes, and try and polish them up a little.

as i did this, i decided to take the FMIC core and clean it up, as i unbloted it from the car, i came across somthing weird.

i noticed the Core was a spearco core, which there is nothing wrong with that, but how i noticed this, was as i took the core off, the spearco decal that is usually facing out on a FMIC, so people can see it through the grills, but in this case, the decal was facing the frame of my car.

my question is, does this mean the FMIC was on backwards?

like i said i'm used to seeing the Spearco decal facing away from the frame and not at the frame, so i was just curious, wondering if it was on backwards.

another question i have, is there a How-To somewhere on removing the A/C step by step.

I have a hayne's repair manual and i was using that oon the removal process, but i was just wondering if there was a How-To out there somewhere.

thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:50 AM

Chances are the previous owner just didn't want the name showing or something. To my knowledge, there is not forwards or backwards on an intercooler that has standard inlets/outlets on both sides so it can go either way.

When I removed my A/C, I just yanked of the belt, compressor, A/C bracket on the block, condenser, and all the lines associated with it.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Ryce Hater

thanks for the response.

i was looking for a more detailed how-to on removing the A/C, but if i don't find one, i guess i can use your way
Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 AM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

yea a/c is just an unbolting process. ive never taken mine out with the motor in the car, but i dunno where it will fit thru to take out. might have to take out the battery and the throttle body elbow/intercooler piping (which you already have out). what are you doing to polish the intercooler piping? is it already polished and you just want to clean it and shine it up or does it need to be sanded and stuff?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Ryce Hater

i just cleaned the piping up and shined it up with some metal polish i have in a siler can. i think it is an eagle one product but i'm not 100% on that. i'll have to look when i get home.

taking the battery out won't be a big deal either, i need to get a new battery anyway, looking to get an optima red-top. So taking the battery out will just inspire/force me to go get the new battery.

plus i just might change the battery cables at that time as well.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Made Of Scars

IC's do flow the same either way they are faced
Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Banned

VFaq.com is your new best friend!
and it depends on the core some will only fit one way but flow wise it wont matter as long as it fits!