Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

rotary engines

Old 05-05-2001, 02:37 PM
www.2gnt.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the deal with rotary engines?? i dont know jack about them but some guy in land o lakes who works at the audio store by wal mart told me that i should put a rotary moter in and it would be easy to put in and very light. if you have any info on rotary moters and how much it would cost for it id appreciate the info but i still like the soud of having a 3000 GT VR4 engine in my RS.

lower -n- behold
Old 05-05-2001, 10:59 PM

Man lower the bong....youve had enough.... Do us all a favor and READ STUDY and UNDERSTAND things. Dont just whip some shit out of your ass. 700hp RS..... 3000gt VR4 motor swaps. Good lord. That motor barely fits in that land whale of a car. I dont think its going to fit in your car. Get your iceman intake 19 inch rims cat-back exhaust and go tear up the streets. Christ....someone needs to put down the Supre street magazines.
Old 05-06-2001, 05:09 PM
www.2gnt.com

damn bro im just enquiring calm down and im not a drugie.

i think with enough determination and $$$$$$$$ ill get my VR4 and then ill race you. dont laugh just because something seems imposable to you just wait and well se what happens within 5 years. who know i might change my mind. but i do insist on 700+ hp. have some imigination.
Old 05-06-2001, 05:53 PM
ALLJDM

You say give him 5 years I say give HIM 5 months and bring whatever you wish we are not mocking you becasue it is impossible we are mocking you becasue there are far EASIER ways to make these cars fast besides delving into shit that really shouldnt be done.
TR Notary Crew: #001
--------------
Old 05-09-2001, 12:52 AM

If youre looking at have a 600hp+ daily driver the rotary probably isnt your best choice.

Why choose a number like 700 anyway?? Horsepower is just a number although a very important one. Still it doesnt decide who wins or loses a race. What good is 700hp if you never have traction? Or you break something new every other run? Or if the driver doesnt know how to control it?

Most import mags (and websites) tend to make even the craziests swaps look like changing the engine on a Lego truck. There is a LOT of planning research and cash that flows into those projects. Not to mention time. They dont tell you what they had to go through for motor mounts hood clearance problems moving the steering rack if they had to cutting the firewall fabricating custom parts and on and on...

Not trying to discourage you just wanted to let you know whats lurking around the next bend..

-j0lt
Old 05-09-2001, 02:38 AM
twisted logic

Hey Ill race you when I put my NSX engine into my crx. I think Ill run about 850hp on a stock clutch (those acura ones kick ass!) and street legal tires. But for the track Ill add a 150 shot and get some v rated tires.