Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Newbie Needs help!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Needs help!!!

I have a 1991 eagle talon tsi awd, replaced the clutch and flywheel, put a evo III big 16g and injen intake . in the process i manage to mess up a good car, i need help!! the idle is bouncing between 1200 -2400 . So there all no dsm mechanics in tallahassee or any really fans up here, is there a dsm shop that i could get my car towed so they can fix and tune my car?? i also have a safc and fmic i want put on but i have really no idea how to cut that bumper. I will gladly pay for someones services as long as its resonable . I have used all my knowledge and apparntly its not enough. please help!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Heavy Artillery Co.

Sounds like you need a tune, and is your bov resurculated
Old 12-25-2007, 04:35 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

boost leak? intake not put on correctly?

Old 12-25-2007, 07:13 PM

Yes bov is recirclated, i know its a bad vaccum leak and to the best of my knowlege the intake is on propely. I have reach my patients wit this car i am about to give up on it. now i know what dsm stands for Dont Start Modding. any one know how expensive S&R shop or house of horse power is???
Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Do you have a compressor or know of anyone with one? If so you can get a rubber cup that fits the intake on the 16g turbo. Once you have that you need to poke a small hole into the center of it. Then clamp it down on the turbo and take an air nozzel and use the compressor to fill it with air and listen for a leak. If you have a hard time finding it but can narrow down on a majority of the area you think its coming from... Get a spray bottle with some soap water in it and spray it aound the couplers and gaskets until you see bubbles emerging. That should show you where your leaks are, short of that I don't know much else to tell ya regarding a vac leak. You can also hold the TB open to check manifold leaks.