Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

tranny probs......

Old 08-24-2000, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok once again i have to come to you guys and get some advice.. well help would be more like it .. anyways i was on my way home today yesterday andi had just left an oil changing place and they forgot to out back my oil fill cap . thus shooing oil everywhere and making a big fricken mess. dident notice anything was wrong till this morring on my way to work. when i start seeing smoke comming out of the hood thought nothng of it cus i have an exhaust leak and sometimes it blew out a bit of smoke after sitting for a while. well when i got to my work and parked my car i noticed more smoke comming form the bottom and sides of the car. well i poped the hood and the oil cap was sitting on the head inbetween the wires..with oil all up on it . ( dam was i pissed!! well now on my way back home after cleanig it all up and adding oil to it (witch i was 2qt low) and now i was noticing it would not go into first at all with out grinding.. as i got closer to home i stared to lose more gears 1st and 3rd went and as i pulled into my driveway i couldent get into any gears!! J>C what eles could go wrong!!! well any ways thats my prob any suggestions?..i talked to a friend and he said it could be one of three things.. syncryos clutch isent disingaging or just plain need a new tranny.. i added the oil changing just incase you guys that that that could of messed anything up . tahat way i could have them pay for it thanks againg guys sorry fo it being so long and for the spelling

------------------
alex galvan
13.89 @ 91mph
Old 08-24-2000, 05:18 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

Damn Alex... that sucks. My wifes old laser had similar symptoms. We replaced the clutch and that wasnt it. Replaced the Clutch slave cyl and that wasnt it. we got rid of the car without ever finding the problem but after all the reading ive done in the past year i think the problem was related to the clutch pedal assembly itself. they are know to wear out. push you clutch in then let it out... then pull up on the pedal... if it comes up your pedal ass. is loose. dunno if this helps but worth a shot.

------------------
Joe
94TSiAWD
http://www.cr-racing.com/talonpage.htm
13.001 @ 106.55
Old 08-25-2000, 06:14 AM

Depending on what clutch is in your car...ACT 2600s are known to bend clutch forks (they were redesigned later to solve that problem). More than likely Joe is right. There is a bar that runs across the top of your pedal assembly that links the clutch pedal to the cable. This bar fits into a clutch arm that attachs to the clutch pedal. The bar has a square end which fits a square hole in the clutch arm...over time the hole wears and allows play when you press the clutch. The arm itself (which is generally the problem) is only around $16 from Mitsu (with discount). Some people have the bar welded to the arm so they dont have to worry about it again... Anyway check for play the way Joe described and let us know. I think I have the Mitsu part # around for the arm if you need it...

------------------
John
90 Talon TSi AWD (2KW K4U)
http://tampabay.dsm.org

Old 08-27-2000, 09:07 AM

well i took a peak under the dash today and i think that may be ths caus of my problems. i did what joe said and i pushed in the clutch and i then puled it with my hand. well it came up about 2inches more. so you think thats the problem i have? thatnks again for the help and also joe let me know if you want me to get that yoke for you too iam going ot order mine tomarrow and if you like i can get you one and you cocld pay me later on .. hows that sound? well thanks joe and john you guys are great

------------------
alex galvan
13.89 @ 91mph