Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Mechanical problems?

Old 09-07-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical problems?

my 2g has a serious problem. my windows and doors do not lock or go up!
ive checked everything out, even had a mechanic check it out, and they are clueless. i was wondering if possibly the stock alarm control unit could have anything to do with it? if that malfunctioned, could that cause this problem? also, the car would start, just a slow crank. the alternator is about 5 months old, im just so stumped. help?
93 Honda Accord *TOTALLED*
98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 420aT *SOLD*
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (20G) *current*

Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 AM
back in a 4g63

Originally Posted by 305DSM
my 2g has a serious problem. my windows and doors do not lock or go up!
ive checked everything out, even had a mechanic check it out, and they are clueless. i was wondering if possibly the stock alarm control unit could have anything to do with it? if that malfunctioned, could that cause this problem? also, the car would start, just a slow crank. the alternator is about 5 months old, im just so stumped. help?
i dont think the alarm would cause the windows to not function. pull the fuse (or maybe replace it) for the alarm and see if anything changes. also try taking the door panel off and seeing if everything is plugged in. when the car is running, does it idle funny or act differently? something regarding the windows electronics might have messed up, a wire could have grounded on metal and its slowly drawing power or something? i dunno lol

take all those previous cars out of your sig, ill make you an awesome picture for your sig, just get rid of that crap

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 AM
13.04@104mph

Originally Posted by GsT Racer
take all those previous cars out of your sig, ill make you an awesome picture for your sig, just get rid of that crap
still baffles me as to why folks put every car they've ever owned in their sig............

check the alt fuse too maybe? when mine blew, that caused my windows to stay put and doors not to lock
Old 09-27-2007, 01:38 PM

ive checked all fuses! and the car doesnt even start anymore! it would start slowly and idle fine, but now, nothing turns on
93 Honda Accord *TOTALLED*
98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 420aT *SOLD*
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (20G) *current*

Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Alexslow1k

maybe i missed it but sounds like your battery is toast get a new one and remember to throw it on a charger for about 30 minutes before you actually install it
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 PM

If your going to replace the battery... while its out take a look at the chassis harness reight there where the battery sits. About a month after I got my Talon.. all those wires broke due to the battery rubbing againts them. Slowly cut through the tape over them and just take a look for broken wires..

It comletely killed my car when those broke.. so maybe.