Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Meth or nos

Old 08-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Omnipotence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fitbikeco
so it seems like evey one says meth is only good for running high boost levels safely doesnt add hp in its self
I think you need to research the two things you are comparing more and look at exactly where you want to go with your car and what you want to do. Instead of just asking a blanket comparison question with nothing to go on for real suggestions.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Tu Papi Chulo

Originally Posted by 4drwhore
I think you need to research the two things you are comparing more and look at exactly where you want to go with your car and what you want to do. Instead of just asking a blanket comparison question with nothing to go on for real suggestions.
+123456789

The post that this quote quoted shows you arent listening.

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM CHASE PM ME!!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
JR.

fuck meth and nitrous, if u have the money for it go with 2 fuel system setups.

its the safest way to go fo sure.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Tu Papi Chulo

how is meth not a second fuel source?

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM CHASE PM ME!!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dario99gst
how is meth not a second fuel source?
I think he is saying an eight injector setup
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 08-23-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by kitt
Might as well throw a little nitromethane into your methanol while you're at it.

Gonna blow shit up, blow it up right imo
I almost fell out my seat
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Heavy Artillery Co.

nice info guys, i really didnt know much about meth now i do... thanks
Old 08-24-2007, 02:08 PM

There are a few things in here that need to be corrected. Nitrous is in fact hard on ring lands and the whole bottom end. Even with perfect tune. A nitrous hit adds instant cylinder pressure. nitrous is like adding pure oxygen. It burns fast and hot. Copeous amounts of fuel need to be added to keep the mixture from melting everything in the combustion chamber. since nitrous burns fast timing must be taken away to compensate. nitrous makes big power by stuffing extra oxy and fuel into the chamber. the problem with nitrous is its the oposite of an octane booster. so you can only add what the fuel octane can support. 93 octane can only support a 35-50 shot safely on most setups. 100shots and up should be done with race gas. higher the octane the higher the shot can be.

methanol by contrast slows combustion down and pushes on the piston longer for better power. when running meth injection you would have to add timing OR turn up the boost which increases flame speed. most turbos can pretty much be maxed out with just 93 octane and alky.

in my opinion meth injection in 10 times more prctical power adder than nitrous. But I am not a big fan of nitrous.the fact that a bottle wont make it through half an evening of good racing never made much sense to me. a 2 gallon meth bottle lasts weeks of boosting hard.
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"
Old 08-24-2007, 02:15 PM
JR.

Originally Posted by Alpha
I think he is saying an eight injector setup
+1

Old 08-24-2007, 02:27 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by lancerman
There are a few things in here that need to be corrected. Nitrous is in fact hard on ring lands and the whole bottom end. Even with perfect tune. A nitrous hit adds instant cylinder pressure. nitrous is like adding pure oxygen. It burns fast and hot. Copeous amounts of fuel need to be added to keep the mixture from melting everything in the combustion chamber. since nitrous burns fast timing must be taken away to compensate. nitrous makes big power by stuffing extra oxy and fuel into the chamber. the problem with nitrous is its the oposite of an octane booster. so you can only add what the fuel octane can support. 93 octane can only support a 35-50 shot safely on most setups. 100shots and up should be done with race gas. higher the octane the higher the shot can be.

methanol by contrast slows combustion down and pushes on the piston longer for better power. when running meth injection you would have to add timing OR turn up the boost which increases flame speed. most turbos can pretty much be maxed out with just 93 octane and alky.

in my opinion meth injection in 10 times more prctical power adder than nitrous. But I am not a big fan of nitrous.the fact that a bottle wont make it through half an evening of good racing never made much sense to me. a 2 gallon meth bottle lasts weeks of boosting hard.
What about meth injection and nitrous?
OR
E98 + 120 shot????