Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

?'s on fuel setup choice, I see so many different ways to do the 255

Old 02-25-2007, 06:19 PM
EL RIPPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?'s on fuel setup choice, I see so many different ways to do the 255

Im gonna get a E3 16G. I was gonna just get the 190 and some 560's to start with. I always turned down the idea of the 255 because I didnt want to have to spend more money on a FPR and have something else to tinker with. But I see so many different setups with 255's running high boost on stock 450's that I thought i couldnt even get with 560's and the 190. When it comes down to it I want something Ill be able to learn how to tune with a SAFCII so thats why I was thinking the 190 and 560's. Any input? I was just questioning because I was starting to think itd be cheaper to get a 255 and or a N/A FPR to get high boost without switching to bigger injectors. And let me guess, its all in the tuning......?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

i run a 255 with stock FPR lol.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:43 PM

Yeah but Jordan Y is running a NT FPR on his AWD 1g. I would take to him more about it. I know he explained it to me long time ago but I forgot. But I'm interested in the info again because I might just have to do it.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:02 PM

the base fuel pressure is higher on the non-turbo cars, so you can use the nt fpr to bump the fuel pressure up a bit, the problem when running the bigger fuel pumps is that, it over-runs the stock fpr, the passageway for the return is really small, plus they loose their ability to retain the 1:1 rising rate (1:1=boost pressure/fuel pressure)they can get eradic and inconsistant fuel pressure throughout the rpm range, they get can get thrown off quite a bit, again some people get by without upgrading to an aftermarket afpr with minimal problem, most will tell you that a 190lph will be ok with a stock fpr but anything 255 or bigger they usually say its best to get the afpr
Old 02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
EL RIPPO

Originally Posted by bmwisthekey
the base fuel pressure is higher on the non-turbo cars, so you can use the nt fpr to bump the fuel pressure up a bit, the problem when running the bigger fuel pumps is that, it over-runs the stock fpr, the passageway for the return is really small, plus they loose their ability to retain the 1:1 rising rate (1:1=boost pressure/fuel pressure)they can get eradic and inconsistant fuel pressure throughout the rpm range, they get can get thrown off quite a bit, again some people get by without upgrading to an aftermarket afpr with minimal problem, most will tell you that a 190lph will be ok with a stock fpr but anything 255 or bigger they usually say its best to get the afpr
So would it be worth getting a N/A FPR with the 190, or will that not accomplish anything better than the stocker? Also, how much more pressure are they, like 5psi or so? I thought I read the N/A's were 47
Old 02-27-2007, 07:32 PM

yeah there alittle bit more, it definently works just depends on the setup, if u go bigger and get a 255lph pump to begin with i would just get an afpr, the nt fpr can be had for soo cheap its worth a shot trying it out to squeeze a bit more fuel outta the setup.