Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

should i trade?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i trade?

ok i got this guy interested in tradeing me a 95 buick riveria (supercharged). for my 98 eclipse GS. so I'm not to sure about any problems, spec., etc. with the riverias. its a 3.8 series 2 v-6 with a OEM roots super charger. motor has a fresh reubild with about 53k on it and the super charger was replaced less then 20k ago. the car itself is flawless.

its just the hole...i've never owned anything but sports cars and then tradeing for a buick riveria...kinda throws me off. its big and looks like something my dad would drive (he has a 96 bonnivelle, same motor)

any ways someone let me know what you guys think of the riverias.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:11 AM
2g

I wouldn't. Though its supercharged it seems more of a family car and bulky like a family car. I wouldn't like it thats for sure if even if its supercharged I don't see it being fun at all.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:15 AM

exactly what im thinking. i mean i love driveing my dads car and it has teh some motor but not supercharged. but its not a fun car to drive its more of a confort car. i love driveing his car cause its like sitting in a couch driveing. not like my eclipse at all. but then again with the riveria, up the PSI and who knows what it will run like.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:20 AM
I drive Slo =(

No!

No Vtec! No Flashy body kit! No “OMG Dat B RaRe y0!” parts. “Clean” never goes out of style. “JDM” is a trendy term defined by the Honda-tech generation… a trend that will eventually pass!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:09 PM
2g

Like I said don't do it! Not worth it!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:56 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

if i had a gs, i would definitely pick that up. atleast youll be getting boost from somewhere.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:59 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

youll never know till you drive it.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:02 PM
2g

There's better alternatives. Its not always about boost it matters what kind of car is turboed or supercharged. I wouldn't trade my NT for it. Although I miss my TSI I rather drive my NT then a Buick thats supercharged. This is my opinion on this. This is almost like trading your car for a dump truck. Yeah its bigger and yeah it has boost but is it worth it... NO.

Jaime just continue hooking up your car its coming out nicely. Don't trade for this car.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:06 PM
11 second club

Why dont you trade, sell it, then buy another eclipse?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:15 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

its not just about boost, just would be a nice trade off for something that has power and torque steer rather than a gs eclipse. a buick riviera is not a big car, its basically just a grandprix gtp, and my gtp hauled ass. with just a smaller pulley and some exhaust work its like night and day in those cars. you could aslo have a car that could get you more money if you were to sell it other than the eclipse too. if you think that car is like driving a dump truck, then i guess i must be driving the titanic. come on now.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.