Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Clutch Pressure Porblems Part 2

Old 06-28-2006, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Clutch Pressure Porblems Part 2

Im sorry for asking so many times for help, but this is getting me really mad already...here it goes....I installed a new clutch and pressure plate kit around 8 months, but a friend of mine kinda drives really rough on the clutch pedal, so we ended up having no pressure in the pedal...the next day I replaced the Clutch Master Cylinder, and it got fixed but the pedal was softer then before...now a month later the pressure dissapear again, and I replaced the Slave Cylinder and it got fixed, but now 3 days later I press on the pedal and no pressure at all, I pump the pedal a couple of times and it got some pressure back, I checked for leaks and found one a week ago but I fixed it...I dont know what it could be anymore...PLS HELP...Could it be the rough driving my friend did that messed up somthing inside like the clutch bearing or pressure plate? or could the issue only be in the hydraulic system?.....any suggestions on what it could be or what should I do will be greatly appreciatted.

Last edited by teamgst; 06-28-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Tu Papi Chulo

definitely hydraulic related. was it a discount slave?

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM CHASE PM ME!!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:02 PM

yea...I bought it at autozone
Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
round and round it go

Dario doesnt know ANYTHING, this problem sounds like mine, adjust your pedal that's what fixed my problem, or try bleeding it. You didn't put it a new tob with your clutch?Or stop letting your "friend" drive your car, that would help out alot. Two people shouldn't share a stick car together, that's just my .02

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #150
Old 06-28-2006, 07:36 PM

How do I adjust the pedal...and also I did bleed it when I installed the new one...let me know your suggestions.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Tu Papi Chulo

Originally Posted by Skyline Driver 5
Dario doesnt know ANYTHING, this problem sounds like mine, adjust your pedal that's what fixed my problem, or try bleeding it. You didn't put it a new tob with your clutch?Or stop letting your "friend" drive your car, that would help out alot. Two people shouldn't share a stick car together, that's just my .02

I've installed bad slaves before. but he is right make sure you bled the shit out of it. (but wait that would be hydraulic related )

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM CHASE PM ME!!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:10 AM
diballacully slow

you should always replace the master and the slave at the same time, the reason be hide that is that if the master or slave are bad it will make the other work harder and cause it to fail and then your doing everything over and over, and when installing a new clutch you need install a new t/b and then bleed it, then you have to adjust the clutch pealed after you bleed it so that the clutch engages and disengages the correct way.

But that’s only if you want everything to work the way its supposes to.

juan

Last edited by imdeadsexy; 06-29-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:56 AM

check the hydraulic lines