Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Maybe i should have bought a Honda myself

Old 06-19-2006, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Maybe i should have bought a Honda myself

if it aint one thing its another!!! I was on my way to the brothers today and at the corner of Dale Mabry and waters, my radiator exploded. they swapped the radiator and removed the thermostat since my heater core is blocked and its still overheating, and the positive battery cable startted to melt, so there;s probably a short somewhere in the wiring as well thats probable causing overheating?..any one had any experiences like this? btw the cars a 98 GS w/420a motor....(I know the 420A are bitchy)...
Old 06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Boom Goes The Dynomite

i have never had any problems with my 420a.. knocks on wood

United States Air Force!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:19 AM

i was heading home to tampa from orlando and my car kept overheating...ended up being that my theromstat went bad...took it out and drove home without it and then bought a new one...but i have gst

when i had my rs 95 eclipse....my radiator was cracked on top and was leaking and i didnt notice....my theromstat went bad...i didnt notice...so my radiator blows up on me and...there was coolant everywhere....but u gotta understand that out cars have or our reaching ten years old...stuff eventually need replacing like any other car...and yes even hon duh's

Originally Posted by elmcityrican
if it aint one thing its another!!! I was on my way to the brothers today and at the corner of Dale Mabry and waters, my radiator exploded. they swapped the radiator and removed the thermostat since my heater core is blocked and its still overheating, and the positive battery cable startted to melt, so there;s probably a short somewhere in the wiring as well thats probable causing overheating?..any one had any experiences like this? btw the cars a 98 GS w/420a motor....(I know the 420A are bitchy)...

and now introducing my newest toy...
-Silver Slow-poke-
Old 06-20-2006, 11:38 AM

ok i understand that things do need replacing, but im just trying to figure out this problem, cause the heater core is blocked so i dont know if that might be a reason for the overheating..i bought the car in lakeland and on the way to tampa that night it did not overheat..By now ive replaced the radiator, removed the thermostat, and now the battry cable is starting to melt, and was told this is the reason for the overheating..an electrical problem
Old 06-20-2006, 12:06 PM
round and round it go

This same thing happened to my friends accord. Someone had poured water in the radiator. Maybe that's what happened.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #150
Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 PM

yea but they replaced the radiator last night with a new one, and water should cool better then coolant anyways right...
Old 06-20-2006, 12:57 PM

are both fans running. i would vote on a cracked head. been there before with the same symptoms
Old 06-20-2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by elmcityrican
yea but they replaced the radiator last night with a new one, and water should cool better then coolant anyways right...

there was coolant and water added
Old 06-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Ps the car doesnt over heat the thermostat was stuck and caused every thing to jack up now... the wireing is another thing