Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

new 95 eclipse GST need help

Old 05-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 95 eclipse GST need help -- Updated --

ok well I just got a 95 Eclipse GS-T like.. a week ago, and I am new to the turbo thing. The car I have still has a slight boost leak, it missfired but I fixed that, and smokes a lil. This car is nice for the most part but Im just tryin to find someone out here on TR who may be able to help me. The car a bit invested from the previous owner.. but he was movin and needed to get rid of the car so I picked it up lookin for a small project. This is as much as I know --

-- Garret t3/t4 turbo
-- Greddy piping, About 2"
-- Greddy turbo timer
-- Greddy boost controller
-- Greddy type s BOV
-- Performance torque converter
-- Apexi full catback exhaust
-- Tune port o2 housing
-- New top end gaskets(all)
-- New timing belt
-- Adjustable cam gears
-- New sparkplugs and wires
-- Lowered with takiko blues
-- Drilled and slotted fron rotors
-- Steel braided brake lines

The car was running off 3 cylinders. One of the wires broke and the owner just pulled the plug out. I got that taken care of with new plugs and wires. This car only has 90,000 miles on it which to me is nice but I dont know what the issues are with the car. It still has a boost leak and still smokes. Also now the car has a really low idle.. like 200 RPMs, and its hard to keep the car on. I was told it could be something electrical. Also I have the boost controler and the turbo timer which I would like to set up but I dont know how. If someone could guide me to a tutorial or somethin that would be great.

Last edited by CRXryda8629; 05-09-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:17 AM
How long will it last?

Well im no problem solver, but i can garuntee with a new spark plug and wire, it will run ALOT better. As far as DSM shops in the bay area, there is Sidewinders in Largo but they are very expensive, and another place called Twin Cam Performance in Tarpon Springs i believe. Most DSM owners on TR seem to take their cars to Jerry or the Brothers, They are much more afforable and probly do the same quality work if not better. Get a good spark plug and wire and it will run MUCH better. obviously.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

Jesus man, at least get the normal things out of the way. Change the spark plugs and wires and then if you are still having issues get back to us. Get it running right first and then worry about modding.

I am no rocket scientist but running a cylinder with no spark can not be good. All of the fuel and air is being compressed and not being ignited...
Old 05-04-2006, 07:49 AM
first

Apparently it's not being compressed because the plug has been removed (unless that's not what he meant).

But you shouldn't be dumping fuel in a cylinder like that.

Install new plugs and wires and call us in the morning.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:17 PM

Ok well I know first things first get the new spark plugs and wires then after that I need to fix a boost leak. The previous owner told me he rebuilt the head but when he went to put it back on there were a few vac hoses in the back that weren`t connected. I know this has to have something to do with the boost leak but I was also told to check my wastegate. I dont know what I would check it for lol but thats what I was told. After this I need to get new injectors. Where can I pick up parts for this car without having to break a leg for them?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:21 PM

oh yeah haha also I guess there is a problem with the starter switch. When you go to turn the car on, normally you would turn the key foward but in my car you turn it backwards. I was gonna go to like cophers or something and just get a new one but would there be a way to just take this thing apart and fix it myself. Im trying to save some money here plus I dont get paid till sunday.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:26 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

when you try to cheap out, thats when things start breaking

Old 05-04-2006, 08:01 PM

haha na I aint sayin to go the cheap route just tryin to SAVE money.. thanx
Old 05-04-2006, 08:09 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

Originally Posted by CRXryda8629
haha na I aint sayin to go the cheap route just tryin to SAVE money.. thanx
ohh

Old 05-04-2006, 08:19 PM

I like that Eclipse you got there tho mine looks similar just no sun roof and no rims.. that reminds me I guess I need bigger rims the ones I have on there now are from the GS and I guess those are 17's the ones on the GS-T`s are 18's I guess so yeah I need some new rims cuz when I turn left and sometimes right I can hear like a grinding sound and that sucks balls where can I get some nice rims to go on my car