Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

Unbelievable Luck

Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelievable Luck

So my car has a freshly built engine, with all the high doller parts and still I can't get the piece of shit to stop leaking. The engine has leaked since day one and nothing I have done helps.

The pan had a few leaks because a gasket was used, no ones fault, gaskets suck on these cars. So I take the pan off and notice that most of my leakage is from where the tranny meets the Block

So I buy another gasket and Ultra Grey both sides and put the pan back up. It didn't leak around the pan for 2 weeks, however it did leak by the damn tranny. So at this time my garage floor and driveway are not happy and I've had about enough. I order a brand new pan from slo boy racing and I installed it but guess what it doesn't fit. I called Jerry and ask him why, he told me I had to form the new pan around my Block Girdle = keeps the main caps from moving. So I do that and everything is done. So I start the car and here comes the oil by the Fly wheel again. This time there was a Horrific sound that scared the shit out of me, the engine was knocking. I called David and let him listen, he said it sounded like something was hitting but not a bearing problem. I called Jerry and let him listen he told me to shut it off and that it was a rod hitting the oil pan. "huh" Jerry told me to take the pan off and see where its hitting and so I did. Well # 4 rod cap was hitting the pan, so I banged the inside of the pan out to make room and all worked well. The pan is back on the car now and the knocking is gone yeaaaaaa, but is this the end

So I got the car idling in the driveway with a blitz catch pan underneath becuase I don't trust the car and once again I was right. The infamos tranny side oil leak was there, so I jack the car up to see where the oil is coming from and found nothing that would indicate the pan as the reason. I notice a little oil by my tensioner and a little above my oil sump, I can live with that, but shouldn't have to on a new motor. I slide back under to the tranny side of the car and I see that under my slave cylinder there is a drop hanging off it as well as my tranny and T-case, it was fresh oil nothing else. I'm confused, did I blow out the rear main??? Keep in mind people my car isn't even boosted right now hasn't been for months I run it N/A using speed density and AEM. I called Jerry but I think he went to bed early so then I called the guy that tunes the car. Brad says that it's the Oil Galley plug, it needs to be resealed and rtv'd back in. I said but this is a BRAND NEW ENGINE, there is no way and he says thats what it has to be and is common "this motor still only has 2500mi on it to date". I then asked my other friend Brad (not the tuner) if he remembered the day he came to pick the car up and take it to CFT and saw the car run for the first time with the new engine in it, he said yes. I then asked him if he remembered it leaking oil and once again his answer was yes, He said even on the trailor. I'm not pointing fingers I'm mearly pointing out how bad my luck really is with this car.

So now I have to remove the tranny and flywheel to look for a galley plug to reseal it. I was thinking about doing it myself but I have no air tools and everything on my car was assembled using an impact, goodluck on those flywheel bolts huh I was going to take the car to Jerry but he is backed up. I don't know what to do and I'm tired of spending money on this thing. Everytime I think I should just part it out I get talked out of it in fear of losing way ,more than I could ever get back out of it. "now people know why I always mention selling the car" In a normal situation you would be able to take the car back to where you got it and get it fixed exspecially if it had this problem since it was built from the start. This is not the case, my engine is a performance engine and there is no warrenty on performance work so now I'm stuck.
The car leaks, I don't have the money to keep fixing what shouldn't be broken to begin with. It will cost me over $400 to get this problem fixed so now its decision time. Jerry Has been there for me alot and many times, He's a really goodman and great mechanic and none of this in no way should negativly reflect on him. It just sucks at how unlucky I am with this car and I know Jerry would help me if he wouldn't lose money and time doing something twice and making no profit. I can't pay him to do this right now, I will call him tomorrow and see if he can fit me in when he gets sometime and take an I owe you but I doubt it. I have everything I need to boost the car again and get it tuned, just waiting on a refund from PTE via Alpha and I can pay for the other turbo and I'm done. Now I have these oil issues I thought could easily be fixed, I was wrong.

So once again it's decision time, what do you people think I should do???

Last edited by Migsubishi; 04-25-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
first

I'm unsure on why you believe you cannot do this yourself. Get a breaker bar or a pipe and get to work. Make it happen...
Old 04-25-2006, 10:16 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by AnthrAxNSB
I'm unsure on why you believe you cannot do this yourself. Get a breaker bar or a pipe and get to work. Make it happen...
Man to be quit honest, I'm really burnt out on this shit, and if I wanted to do it myself I would have from the begining!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
first

Well, I haven't been following your build, so I don't know what you are or aren't motivated to do.

However, if you're burnt out, do not want to work on it yourself, cannot afford to pay someone else to work on it, and think you ought to part it out (as a result of the burnt out/no work/no pay preface), I'm inclined to agree. I doubt it would be prudent to hold onto a car that, when repaired, will not garner the same monetary return as it should parted out.

I was burnt out on my TSI once every other month, or so I thought. I sat on it for a while, forgot about it, and then found myself working on the problems within a couple of weeks. Eventually, though, I decided to sell. It saved me a headache every other month, if nothing else.

Last edited by AnthrAxNSB; 04-26-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:42 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by AnthrAxNSB
Well, I haven't been following your build, so I don't know what you are or aren't motivated to do.

However, if you're burnt out, do not want to work on it yourself, cannot afford to pay someone else to work on it, and think you ought to part it out (as a result of the burnt out/no work/no pay preface), I'm inclined to agree. I doubt it would be prudential to hold onto a car that, when repaired, will not garner the same monetary return as it should parted out.

I was burnt out on my TSI once every other month, or so I though. I sat on it for a while, forgot about it, and then found myself working on the problems within a couple of weeks. Eventually, though, I decided to sell. It saved me a headache every other month, if nothing else.
Thanks man well said
Either way, I will have to fix it myself, don't have the money nor a warrenty on this engine. A great lesson learned.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:30 AM

part that shit so brothers will be faster then you jk good luck

Gseclipse02

Kevin *Slo Si* 9/13/06 RIP! You will be missed! Godspeed!

We will miss you Pablo. Take care man. 1!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Shut up

suck it up and tear it apart...

either that or sell it and buy an evo
Old 04-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

I think you should build something that is more within your budget and means.
You dont have to be the fastest with the best of everything to have fun.
Because it sounds to me like your not having much fun.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:53 AM
just blaze...

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Thanks man well said
Either way, I will have to fix it myself, don't have the money nor a warrenty on this engine. A great lesson learned.
Sorry to hear about your luck. If im able to help (timewise), if you need any help doing it I can try to lend a hand. PM me if anything.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:04 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by Tom N
I think you should build something that is more within your budget and means.
You dont have to be the fastest with the best of everything to have fun.
Because it sounds to me like your not having much fun.
Tom, WTF are you talking about? When the car was built it was in my budget and means, I payed good money to have a well built motor. This motor is having issues and isn't even boosted. All started from day one and I still haven't had the use out of it that was intended for it. The only thing that is not in my budget or means is having to pay for the same job twice. So yes Tom I'm not having fun at all.